Photo

Normality=Fallacy

Posted by SomebodyLoveMe , 18 July 2012 · 86 views

It's sickening to think that the day that he changed my life forever is a day that he'll probably never look back on. I don't see how people monsters can do something like that and live an every day life knowing what they've done. I would never have pegged my attacker to be one of those monsters. He was an average 17-year-old boy in my Civics class and I was just a 14-year-old freshman trying to find my place. I was surprised that a teenager would do something like that. I didn't understand, he seemed so normal. Now I view the world through cynical, mistrusting eyes, wondering how many of the seemingly normal people I see every day have done something so heartless. It turned out to be a case of my word against his...in other words, nothing was done. I know I'm not alone, but that makes it worse; so many other people haven't gotten justice either. The world is full of monsters, worse than the kind that hide under your bed.

Photo
barnswallow
Jul 19 2012 07:04 AM
This really hit home with me. It's exactly how I feel. He changed my life forever with just a few minutes. I too wonder how does one do something so evil, threaten your kids and then leave and probably not give it another thought. I've just started counseling. I hope I can let this go someday.
I completely agree with you. I really wonder how many "monsters" are out there disguised at "good" people. The other thing that irks me is knowing many of these "monsters" live comfortable, happy lives. They don't deserve it. I hope karma or her sister bites them in the ass and leaves scars.

I'm a cynic as well. I feel it's normal to react with negativity. You're not alone.

Take care.
Ciao...xo,
Szil

June 2016

S M T W T F S
192021222324 25

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.