Photo

Wounds Of The Soul: Sexual Behavior

Posted by SomebodyLoveMe , 03 July 2012 · 30 views

"Another reason for sexual behavior: wounds of the soul, or abuse. It's amazing, as the statistics told us last weekend, that 1 in 3 teenage girls will be sexually abused before she hits 18, and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before 18. Being sexually abused creates all kinds of sexual termoil in a person's life...and you'll be amazed how many people deep in sexual immorality, or even sexual deviance, go back to their childhood. Some innocent little boy or innocent little girl had a would that went soul deep that never got addressed, that never got healed. Talk about hurting people hurting people, and people wounded soul deep often are the ones who try to pacify that wound with the very thing that caused it."

I'm one of the many survivors of sexual abuse who have remained highly sexual despite the tribulations they've encountered. I, along with some of the people I've spoken with, had trouble understanding this enigma. The excerpt above is from a group I attended Sunday. If you're in my boat, I hope it clears things up for you like it did for me.

Thanks for this.

December 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.