Arietta_Sashrady's Blog

Photo

Rise Like A Phoenix

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 19 May 2014 · 84 views

I've been reborn as well. The past is nothing but ashes now. Thought this lovely song might inspire some of you as well.

Thinking about getting a phoenix tattoo to celebrate my healing.

Rise Like A Phoenix - Conchita Wurst

Waking in the rubble
Walking over glass
Neighbors say we’re trouble
Well that...

Photo

Finding solace

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 26 April 2014 · 111 views

Little by little things get better. Day by day I fight for my future. The writing thing is finally paying off and that's huge for me. I feel safe. I feel secure. I feel like I have a second chance at life.

Deep in the night, though, I sometimes think about my family. A lot of the really angry emotions have passed me by now. I'm in a better place. T...

Photo

Imprisoned in the room

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 11 February 2014 · 122 views

I've been slipping a little I guess. I've been on a downward slope for a little bit.

I've noticed that when my self-esteem is low, the memories surface on a more regular basis. I find myself thinking and dwelling on stuff far more when I feel bad about myself. I could really use a boost right now because it seems like everything reminds me and then...

Photo

Back To The Light

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 26 November 2012 · 130 views

Seems I always sit and write here when I'm complaining or feeling low. Well, there's something today that I want to tell you.

It gets so much better.

I won't say that it ever goes away; I think this specter will always be with me in some form or another, but much like my shadow I've learned to accept this pain as a companion in my life....

Photo

Holidays

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 22 November 2012 · 139 views

I hate Thanksgiving.

I hate Thanksgiving because it is a day dedicated to family, of which I have none. I hate it because it's a foreign holiday, something that doesn't belong to me. I hate it because when I go back to work on Monday, I will have to pretend that I ate a turkey meal when the truth is, I had instant ramen for dinner. I hate Thanksg...

Photo

Scream

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 10 September 2012 · 144 views

It was their Facebook posts that drove me over the edge. My sister wishing him a happy birthday. My brother who rarely bothers with the family suddenly asking for the home phone number to send him birthday wishes.

I actually let out a scream. I'm not sure what the neighborhood thought, but it felt good. I was finally able to cry after that. Thank God...

Photo

Family

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 10 September 2012 · 101 views

I've actually been really well. I've pulled a lot of things back together. I'm writing on a semi-professional level now. It's a very healing thing, to do something good for yourself in which the people who hurt you have no part.

The relationship with my family is still a big sticking point, though. My mom basically refuses to acknowledge...

Photo

Gotta watch those HBO shows...

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 17 February 2012 · 119 views

I love entertainment. I love TV. But I really should know better than to watch HBO shows, in this case, The Sopranos.

I'm just really fucking upset right now. This freaking scene came right out of the freaking blue and now I feel like I'm going to throw up. I didn't want to cry in front of the husband so I'm holding it in... But now it...

Photo

Thank you.

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 26 September 2011 · 126 views

Thank you for your kind comments. They are always much appreciated. I will continue to go on, as always. The things I have had to carry have been on my shoulders for a long time, but I will continue to carry my burdens.

Going forward is the only way. Getting through each day, one at a time. Sometimes the days are easy. Sometimes they're hard. But I m...

Photo

it hurts.

Posted by Arietta_Sashrady , 25 September 2011 · 142 views

Coworkers:

-You had no right to laugh at the thought of me in a dress. I am not at work for your amusement. I understand that I dress in a masculine way but this is because it is comfortable and it feels safe for me, and I detest wearing makeup, long, painted nails etc. However I never tell you how to dress, and I am tired of your mockery. And no I will...

February 2016

S M T W T F S
14 151617181920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.