Photo

I FEEL SICK

Posted by amandaunderthepink , 28 July 2010 · 12 views

COLLEGE STARTS IN 3 1/2 WEEKS...AND I'M GOING BACK.....I FEEL SICK AND SCARED. I DON'T GET IT. IT WASN'T LIKE THIS LAST YEAR...

BUT LAST YEAR I WASN'T A RAPE VICTIM. LAST YEAR I DIDN'T LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER AT EVERY LITTLE NOISE, OR JUMP OUTTA MY SKIN AT EVERY LITTLE NOISE. I NEVER WANTED ANY OF THIS.
I FEEL LIKE I AM TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH LIFE...BUT SLOWLY GOING UNDER.

I know how you feel when it comes to the looking over your shoulder and being jumpy. You'll be okay. You're strong enough to get through this. I know that since I started taking anxiety medication, it hasn't been as bad...it takes away some of the fight or flight response our bodies go into during a traumatic event...and continue to be in. Just something to think about. Good luck. You can do this.

-Steph
Photo
soulconstance
Jul 29 2010 11:04 AM
(((((((((Amanda)))))))) if ok
God, I feel your pain so much on this. I started school last year and I'm still jumping out of my skin when I go out. I've got this weird mixture of social phobia and agoraphobia, so it's kinda like... I don't really feel comfortable in the classroom or getting to class. Err, yeah. >_>

Is there anyone in your life that you feel you can talk to about how you feel? Have you considered seeing a T about it?

I hope things get better.

Please take care of yourself.

April 2014

S M T W T F S
202122 23 242526

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.