Photo

"Like the battles with yourself, that leave you insecure."

Posted by Shining_On124 , 22 April 2011 · 79 views

Sometimes, like tonight, it feels like I've made no progress.

That I'll always be "scared" of sex and I'll always be a burden to whomever I'm with, because I can't give them sex and they can just get it elsewhere.

That, even though my boyfriend and I have been doing fine for months, the sexual frustration will mount and one day, he'll either implode
or we'll separate; because sexually, I can't give him what he wants nearly as much as he wants (which is not an extreme amount - but any regular amount for me is a big deal).

It's one of those things where I am just happy to be in a good relationship, and I'm still taking things slow; I just worry that it'll be too slow for him, or anybody to deal with (though he has been very patient). That if he leaves because of the lack of sex, I'll be alone again.

I hate being alone, but I can do well alone. I know I can get by, and I have my cat & best friends. I can make it.

I need to get on some anti-anxiety medication as soon as I get some health insurance... then, we'll go from there.

Right now I just feel crummy. My boyfriend is sleeping in his room, his way of shaking off the "sexual frustration" he's feeling, it helps him not focus on me (thus getting more uhm...excited) and wait till it goes away. I just feel bad for getting him worked up, then having him fall asleep and not be able to do anything; while I'm still awake, feeling kind of crummy for not being able to give him anything (it's that sort of choked "sor-ry" like the kid who knows they've done something bad and wants to apologize sincerely). *sigh*

i can relate to your feelings on this.

i had a boyfriend leave me for another woman....he never said so but i'm sure a big reason was our almost non-existant sex life.

now i'm with someone new and have put a temporary hold on sex....or anything beyond hugging and kissing....due to flashbacks. that worry that he'll leave is in the back of my mind too.

i hope your boyfriend loves you enough and values you enough to take things at your pace.
Photo
Shining_On124
May 18 2011 01:43 AM
Thank you for your response Pink!

I'm glad that you were able to put things "on hold" in your current relationship, and I hope that he respects you enough to keep it at your pace. :)

My boyfriend and I are working on communicating more, which helps, but I am also questioning my sexuality and trying new medication, so it's all a work in progress.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
192021222324 25

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.