Photo

feeling crazy

Posted by slb720 , 02 May 2012 · 86 views

I can't sleep. I've noticed I go through periods of not being able to. It drives me crazy. I've barely slept in the last three days.

I didn't hear anything about my application for the apartment today. They said it would take 24 hours or so. Maybe I didn't get it. I'll call later today. I guess I'm really nervous to live alone. I think I'll be really scared at night. I mean, here at my parents house, it's safe and there's other people here, yet I'm terrified at night. So here I am in my room, with a nightlite on, door locked, thinking some random person is going to burst in and kill me or something. I think it'll be worse when I move. In the apartment, it feels pretty safe. I got a good vibe from the area. The only thing I don't like is the sliding glass door that's in the bedroom. It makes me a little nervous, but I'm going to get one of those bar locks so it can't be opened. I'll get used to it.

What I can't get used to is this fear that keeps me awake. It consumes me and makes me feel sick. Then I have less of an appetite and get even more tired and think maybe drinking will put me to sleep, which it doesn't. It's just this never ending cycle. I would read or something, but I can't concentrate enough. Instead, I go between laying in the dark, jumping at every sound or getting up to turn the light on and still being afraid. Sometimes I'll drift off, but then wake up abruptly. It's like I need to be alert and watching everything all the time. There's nothing going on though! It's all in my head. I just want it to stop.

slb720- I've been there so I know how hard the nighttime can be. In time the insomnia will pass. I went through a long spell of that myself to the point it was driving me crazy, but then one night I was able to sleep. I hope you are able to find peace soon. Sending you positive thoughts and energy.
Thank you. It's frustrating how it comes and goes. Last night I slept a little better :). Sending good vibes your way as well.

September 2015

S M T W T F S
  12 3 45

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.