Photo

Cardinal owns Sparrow

Posted by crazysanegirl , 14 December 2009 · 16 views

I rarely have cool dreams anymore. There was a time when it seemed I vividly dreamt every other night. I had a dream book next to the bed where I used to write the scenarios down; sometimes, draw them. The book is still there but the dreams are gone. Or, on the rare occasions I've had them in the last few months, I haven't felt like writing them down.

Last night I had a special dream. I rarely get 'special' dreams, even when I'm dreaming a lot. They're the really colourful kind of dreams. I don't quite know how to express it... other dreams seem to be 'filmed' in dimmer light in comparison. These dreams are bright. Colours pop. You feel like a bright-eyed kid while you're in them. Mesmerized.

I dreamt of a cardinal by my window. I have a bird-feeder installed in front of it, which makes my cats very excited about being indoor cats. Their own personal tv. It only attracts sparrows, but one time I caught a flash of red; a cardinal feeding from it. I didn't even know they could live in a large city like this... I've been on the look-out ever since. In my dream, it was on the bird-feeder. I inched toward the window to see it up close, positioned myself in a way it couldn't see me, then I saw there wasn't one cardinal, but three; a smaller one and a baby. A family, I thought. Beautiful and cardinal red.

I don't remember much more aside from that. They must have flown away. It's not important because I treasure that scene I do remember.

A family of cardinals feeding on a bird-feeder.

My broken family; my search for a spiritual pillar to replace the one I lost after having lived what I lived, combined into one rather neat metaphor.

'Looking out a window to see within yourself', priceless as well.

csg

February 2016

S M T W T F S
 12345 6

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

Search My Blog

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.