Photo

start the year as you mean to go on - randomly burst into tears :(

Posted by tamz , 01 January 2013 · 40 views

Don't they say start the year as you mean to go on? I quite literally just burst into tears for no reason! I was just sat down, straightening my hair and out of nowhere, I'm balling my eyes out :( How can I begin to work on my problems when I'm sat there crying my eyes out for no reason? I'm literally flitting back and forth today between being completely calm and having no problem at all to being on the verge of tears (or actually crying as the case was earlier) :S

Thinking of you.

I've just done the same...

Be kind to yourself. Christmas and New Year is full of triggers that you don't always even recognise, especially the pressure to be happy and full of joy and plans for the new year. They may say 'start as you mean to go on' but if that's not helpful to you then ignore it. It's not helpful to me right now. I find it more helpful to trust my feelings and try to work out what they are trying to tell me.

I believe you can make great progress this year, but it doesn't matter if that starts today, tomorrow, next week or in a few months time! Be kind to yourself. Take it gently.

:metoyou:

content warning

I will try to keep any reference to specific SI behaviour to a minimum however reference to the assault will not always be censored. I don't want to trigger anyone so just want you to be warned. Most of the time it will be okay but just so you are aware. Take gentle care.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
192021 22 232425

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.