Photo

it hurts to be validated

Posted by tamz , 05 May 2010 · 24 views

My memories are blurred. Period. Sometimes I find myself questioning whether what I remember is what really happened. There are times when I wish what I remember isn't true, that it didn't happen that way. Because if it didn't happen that way, it's not as bad. E believing me and telling me that it is SA, it validates me. Likewise, me reading about SA validates me. I read it and I think, woah. That is what happened with me. And it hurts to think that it is SA. Hurts to think that someone so close to me, someone I trusted in some of my darkest hours, would even consider doing this to me, let alone actually doing it. I don't like it. I wish the pain would go away. I wish I could turn back time and change what happened.
I seriously can not deal with what happened. I find myself in tears all the time. I think before, I felt unjustified feeling the way I did. I felt like I was overreacting and had no right to feel like that and felt trapped within my emotions. Now I feel different. I know I have a right to feel the way I do. I feel validated, by E's response, people here's response and also reading about it for myself. I don't know how to deal with these feelings.

Photo
Untangling-It-All
May 07 2010 02:43 PM
It does hurt, doesn't it? It's so hard. I am so sorry you were hurt in this way too. It does get better though as you heal, maybe that will help you through these terribly difficult and painful moments. Validation is difficult, but at the same time, we so need it. Safe hugs only if ok. :hug:
thanks for your reply :)

Do you find it helps to talk to the person who knows? I've told E, but I haven't seen / spoken to him since. Sometimes I think it would help to talk to him about it again, other times I find myself just wanting to leave it. I don't know.

Sending hugs back if okay :hug:
Photo
Untangling-It-All
May 07 2010 03:43 PM
Yes I do find it helpful, when I am able to verbalize things. It easier with some people than others, depending on how well they "get it." I tend to shut down when they don't seem to understand. Hugs are okay, thank you :) :hug:
You are right, it does hurt. Its like you peel away the layers and realize it did happen and are validated and then you have the cold slap of reality. I can relate to that. But then I think we need it because that is how we heal

content warning

I will try to keep any reference to specific SI behaviour to a minimum however reference to the assault will not always be censored. I don't want to trigger anyone so just want you to be warned. Most of the time it will be okay but just so you are aware. Take gentle care.

December 2014

S M T W T F S
141516171819 20

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.