Photo

Wednesday

Posted by jenbaroo , 07 April 2010 · 77 views

Today I have family coming into town. I have mixed feelings about them. For the negative, take a look at my post "Tuesday". For the positive: we always have game nights when they're here. It's a lot of fun, the whole family gets together and we play crazy games, like Hand and Foot (a variation of Canasta), speed Scrabble, Shanghai Rummy, Grump (or Nertz, or Dutch Blitz, or whatever name you might have for it), Bananagrams... Game night is a good reason to enjoy their company without thinking about their son.

So I'm halfway done with this week. It doesn't seem like it can go fast enough! Friday night, my parents are taking our son overnight so that my husband and I can go away for a night. Baby-free!!! What a concept! Don't get me wrong, I love my son more than anything else in this world (except my husband), but even loving moms (and dads) need baby-free time. My parents have been offering since he was born, but my husband has only just now agreed to it. He can be a little slow on the take sometimes, especially when it comes to needing change in our marriage. I love him, he loves me, but I sometimes feel like things are about to fall apart. This night away will do us good.

My son is currently laying on his playmat, playing with his hands. He was swinging as hard as he could at the little animals hanging from the arches, but he's managed to move himself out of their range. I'm not sure how he does it, but he's maneuvered himself from his feet facing me to his feet facing across the room. It's pretty funny.

So this isn't really a SA blog, it's just about what's going on in my life right now, but I thought I'd write anyway. Hope I didn't bore anyone or break any rules...

You doing it, you are making it through the week that thoughtwould be absoloutly hell and your making it. PAt your self on the back.It cant be easy at all specailly with certian family members but your pushing forward and moving on toward a happier life...

Have fun tonitewith your hubby..

Michelle

July 2016

S M T W T F S
242526272829 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.