Photo

Painful Jollifications Part 1

Posted by bellachai , 21 August 2013 · 140 views

I first ran across the word 'jollification' in a Catherine Cookson novel. I liked the sound of this word. It means happiness, celebrations, laughter and even a bit of silliness with others.

Catherine Cookson novel's are not in the genre I most read in. BUT when the realities of the world injustices, cruelty, indifferences and the painfulness of living my life as it is now and I feel overwhelmed by it all I will read one of her books. Her books are about abusers and the abused. They end with poetic justice to the abusers and the survivor of the abuse lives happily ever after. These stories return me to my imperfect introverted idealist self that I am and spurs hope back into my soul.

I am sorry I haven't been here for a couple of weeks. I feel out of balance when I am not here. Frankly I am exhausted by all the on goings here; my sons visit, relatives visiting, fair weather friends and my mother. I was busier than I have been for the last 5 years. I need a vacation from everyone else's vacation. Funny that LOL

I have so much to say about it all that I am going to blog it in parts. I need to sort through it all.

Even though I have been absent no one here was out of my thoughts and wishing everyone well.

Blessings to all

Photo
MaybeJoleisa
Aug 21 2013 08:55 PM
Glad to see you, Bella. I hope you get all the rest you need and recover from the chaos quickly.

November 2014

S M T W T F S
2324252627 28 29

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.