Photo

The Infusion Spa

Posted by bellachai , 27 July 2013 · 208 views

The infusions can be antibiotic, iron, chemo and meds for rheumatoid arthritis.

I have been there before when anemic to have iron pumped into me. I had to be there for 3 hours once a week for three weeks.

This time I am there to be to have antibiotics pumped into me for this infection from hell. I have been going everyday this week for an hour and do not yet how many more days I have to go. This coming Monday I will give them a urine sample and if no bacteria then I will be done and if not more days until it is gone.

I get my own cubicle that has a hunter green comfy recliner. It has a TV but I never turn it on. I read. I come home with the IV needle still in my arm. They have to remove the needle every three days and put another needle somewhere else.

I am treated like royalty there. They bring me whatever I want to drink. If I am there around breakfast or lunch time they feed me. If I want a blanket or pillow they would bring them. If someone comes with you they get the same without the meds. It is like flying in first class without the booze. Get heavy duty meds instead.

This last Wednesday was a day they removed the IV needle. It was cooler and we were suppose to get rain and it looked as if would. When I got out to the parking lot I thought I felt a raindrop run down my arm. I looked at my arm and blood was running quite a bit. I did not want to go back in cuz I would drip blood on their carpet. Fortunately there was a roll of toilet paper in the truck. The hazards of being on blood thinners.

The antibiotics are kicking my ass. I am somewhere between beyond tired and being a zombie. Sleeping a lot. Just so exhausted with dragging feet and butt. Awful.

Yesterday I had a surprise visitor at the Spa; my mother. She had to be in town so she thought she would take a chance to see if I was there. She stayed with me the entire time catching me up on my sister and nephews. Then she told me that she has hired someone to find the water leak that is sending irrigation water under her house. It is going to cost her $3600. Ouch. Then she told me that she cried cuz she had to take the money out of two savings accounts she has that I did not know about. She hopes I hear from Social Security soon cuz she is going to run out of money next year. :rolleyes: Whatever.

I was going to tell her the good news that I have been approved last week but want to do that in person and so am planning next week when I am all done with antibiotics.

Got home to find my daughter and her boyfriend rearranging some furniture. My daughter told me she hates the entertainment center I have in the dinning room cuz it is ugly. I said I need it for my nonfiction books and treasures from the ocean. She argued I haven't touched any of those books in five years. I said so they are my books and I want to keep them. She kept on about it and I finally said she does not get to tell me what I keep in my own house and I want to keep those books. She jumped up and in a mean tone said "whatever Mom" went to her room and slammed the door.

I just cried. A mother playing the guilt trip and lying about being broke. A daughter who thinks she can tell me what to do. Bossy little thing.

It is hot outside but it is chilly in doors. No one is talking. Fine by me.

Blessings to all

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
shelliebelle
Jul 28 2013 02:17 AM
lots of hugs for you, my friend :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:heart:

May 2016

S M T W T F S
12 3 4567

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.