Photo

Blood Thinners

Posted by bellachai , 25 April 2013 · 74 views

I decided this morning that it was way past time to shave my legs which is a major chore when you don't have hot water and have to heat water on the stove and carry it to the bathroom. I had a new disposable razor and shaving cream and got right to it. Now I know why they won't allow my home health people to shave or trim nails when you are on blood thinners. I was very careful but I nicked myself more than a few times and it took me 40 minutes to stop bleeding. What a mess. That would be something to have to call an ambulance just cuz I was bleeding to death from my legs. I would have felt like an idiot. Now I have to decide to either feel like a hairy beast forever or find the money for a much better razor.

A month ago I had a partial filling come out of one of my molars. No big deal did not hurt and I kept it clean. a couple of weeks ago the rest of the filling came out. If I had any money I would have gone to the Dentist but again it was not a big deal and did not hurt. I kept it clean. Then today I bit down on a pop tart and it hurt like being stabbed. Part of my molar broke down to the root. When you have fibromyalgia your pain tolerance goes up so I pulled it out which hurt but not as much as trying to eat something and it jabbing downward. After this morning I thought I would have a hard time getting the bleeding to stop but it did within minutes. Maybe cuz I did not have enough blood left to bleed for long. :beatsme:

I am getting so tired of being so poor and a burden to my family. It has been 4 years now that I have been fighting to get disability. I keep thinking any day now I will here from them to be either approved or have to get a lawyer to appeal. Any prayers and good luck anyone can spare I would so appreciate it.

Maybe they are waiting for me to drop dead first before they approve me. :waiting:

Blessings to all

Photo
MaybeJoleisa
Apr 25 2013 08:57 PM
Thinking of you.... try to get the tooth looked at if you possibly can. It could turn into a much worse situation if it gets infected.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
26272829 30 31 

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.