Photo

Blasts from the past Part 1

Posted by bellachai , 13 March 2013 · 78 views

One fairly recent and one years ago.

I took my mother yesterday to have an endoscopy. We had to drive to the bigger town of Grand Junction which is around 54 miles. It was a clinic/surgercenter that only does endoscopys and colonoscopys.

I sat with her in her prep room. I became uncomfortable and felt like I might have a panic attack (I didn't though) when her doctor was informing her of the possible risks of having an endoscopy. There is a risk of aspirating stomach acid into the lungs. He stated that is very rare. I felt like laughing and running. I did not tell that doctor it is not really that rare since that is what happened to me this last September. I was drowning without being in any water. It was a horrible and frightening experience with a ten day ICU stay. Nope I will never have anotTher endoscopy. Of course they should not do endoscopys on patients that have blood clots in their lungs and they did not check that even though I have a history of pulmonary embolisms. This blast from the past was not pleasant.

To be continued.... I am tired.

Blessings to all

Photo
MaybeJoleisa
Mar 14 2013 09:14 PM
Ah, Bella, I'm sorry.... and I didn't realize that whole situation was the result of an endoscopy. This is something you could take to a lawyer if you wanted to-- I don't mean to suggest you should or shouldn't, but it sounds like they did not do at all what they should have, and you suffered greatly for it, so it is a possibility. Regardless, I'm sorry you had to think of that again. Sounds like a very hard day.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26 27282930  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.