Photo

Looking better?

Posted by bellachai , 05 September 2012 · 37 views

Many of the people I come in contact with lately have been saying I am looking better. I do not feel better. I had an appointment last Wednesday with the psychiatric PA. I tried to tell her that although I am receiving medical care consistantly for awhile now that I do not feel better emotionally nor physically. She stated that once I get my CPAP for my apnea (I get it this Friday) I will not be so depressed and will feel very well. That would be great if it became true but hey she did not hear me.

When I got home wondering why I went to that appointment if I do not get heard. Just because people want me to be better does not mean I am or will be. Not that I want to be ill in any way either. Reality versus illution. If I said I was cured and all is well perhaps I would not be heard then either. So I am just a ghost to others.

My daughter asked me what was wrong so I told her. She said that well perhaps getting better has come on so slowly that I do not notice the improvement and others do. Then she hugged me. Okay I am considering this as a truth but not convinced.

I hate the condition I am in. There is no going back to the way I was and I kind of resent that. I am just damaged goods.

Blessings to all

Photo
MaybeJoleisa
Sep 05 2012 08:46 PM
I hope you feel better one day too. If not completely better, better than you do now, in a way that you can perceive for yourself. Your daughter could be right, but I also know the feeling of invisibility and being a ghost that you talk about.

July 2015

S M T W T F S
   123 4

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.