Photo

Fragmentations

Posted by bellachai , 02 September 2010 · 32 views

My last session in therapy has left me with so much food for thought that it is all fragmented in regards to irrational thinking.

RELATIONSHIPS

*Good people do not choose other good people.
*Opposites attract.
*Want to fix the other.
*Sameness is boring.
*Tame the shrew even knowing that a shrew cannot be tamed.
*Self destructive
*Not deserving of good people
*Being without anyone is less painful
*Self hatred
*Confusion
*Frustration
*Shame
*Guilt
*Loneliness
*Lost

MOTIVATIONS

*Think outside of the box but I am in a circle
*benefits to moving forward
*Benefits to staying the same, stuck.
*Strengths that become weaknesses
*Weaknesses that become strengths
*Live or die.
*Stay or go.
*Breath or suffocate.
*Remain chained or be free.
*Walk or run
*Laugh or cry
*Decisive or wishy-washy
*Go with the flow or make a stand to fight
*limitations physically, mentally and emotionally
*Chaos or serentity
*Black or white or just all gray.
*How to balance it all?

Intellectual and logical knowledge clashing with emotional expriences and actions; is this irrational beliefs and thinking?

Blessings to all

what a lot of choices you have!

i don't know if it's irrational thinking or not - but i'm very familiar with what i know in my head and what i feel in my heart (or believe from past experience) not matching up. it seems to take time for my heart to really believe what my head knows.

(((hug)))
Wow, that is a lot of food for thought! I hope it is not too overwhelming. Be easy on yourself.
yes, my head is spinning with all of that thought.
Wow. How has thinking about all of this come? I know when I feel I have a ton to think about it, I tend to make lists in my journal and say a bit about each thing. It helps me organize it in some cohesive manner anyways, or gives me the delusion of such at least.

what a lot of choices you have!

i don't know if it's irrational thinking or not - but i'm very familiar with what i know in my head and what i feel in my heart (or believe from past experience) not matching up. it seems to take time for my heart to really believe what my head knows.

(((hug)))

My therapist states that I have yet to learn to mesh my logic to my heart so that I do not operate totally from my heart which is where all my irrational behavior and false beliefs are. Tall order that!! Blessings

Wow, that is a lot of food for thought! I hope it is not too overwhelming. Be easy on yourself.

Yes it was so overwhelming that I slept almost all day yesterday. A new day and new thoughts. Blessings

yes, my head is spinning with all of that thought.

Yeah me too. I guess this may be why some call me a dizzy blond??? I need to learn to not take myself so seriously all the time. Blessings.

Wow. How has thinking about all of this come? I know when I feel I have a ton to think about it, I tend to make lists in my journal and say a bit about each thing. It helps me organize it in some cohesive manner anyways, or gives me the delusion of such at least.

Thank you chelirach this is a very good idea and I am going to try it before I do drive myself to fragment entirely. It is logical that I may be able to organize these thoughts then tackle them one by one. Maybe. Blessings

July 2015

S M T W T F S
56 7 891011

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.