Photo

OkieDokie Then - What a Day

Posted by bellachai , 06 April 2010 · 34 views

I had a meeting this morning in a town 50 miles away. I rarely go that far but was looking forward to the drive by myself. The drive there was pleasant with my radio on loud and seeing things just starting to turn green. Nice.

I was in my meeting when my cell phone which I had thought I put on vibrate went off. It was my mother and she was in tears cuz she was being admitted to the hospital. I could hardly understand her. I told her I would be there as soon as I could get back from my meeting. I called my daughter and told her to call mom's cell phone and ask her if she could do anything for her and to see if she was alright. I told her I would call her before I left for home.

Okay so I get out of my meeting and I call my mom's cell no answer. Then I call Fake Jake's cell I get voice mail. So I drive home and when I get home no one is here and no note. I again call my mom's cell and again no answer. I again call Fake Jake's phone and again I get voice mail. So I then call my dad who just got out of the hospital last week with a staph infection in his lungs and pnuemonia and he now has another upper respritory infection. He had not heard from mom either so I told him I would call him back later today and was going up to the hospital.

It was not too difficult to find her. My mother also was being treated for broncitis so I was thinking she now had pnuemonia but no. She has cellulitis behind her left eye which is not directly related to her upper respritory infection. I had to wear a gown in her room but not mask or gloves. However cellulitis can be very serious especially if it absesses as it is so close to her brain and eye. She was scheduled for a CAT scan but she is allergic to iodine which they inject so they sent orders for a MRI instead. We wrote out a list of things I needed to do regarding my dad cuz he just got out of the hospital last week for a staph infection in his lungs and pnuemonia. So he is not really up and about yet either. He also caught another upper respritory infection. I was not allowed to go see him but now have no choice. We all have the same wonderful doctor and she came in while I was there and said it would be alright now for me to around dad. I helped mom fill out some forms and we finished her 'list' She is big on lists.

My daughter called me while I was with mom but the doctor was in there so I said I would either call her or be home. When I got home they were gone again. So I called and again got the voice mail. She calls me two minutes later and is on her way here.

Well Fake Jake received a $600.00 check from his dad today so when Niki could not get ahold of my mom they just decided to go cash the check and go out to lunch and spend some money. They brought me their leftover lunch food. How nice. This is my daughters grandmother and they were out having fun when there are plenty of bills to pay and gee I think it would have been nice if my daughter had called me to ask what I wanted her to do or perhaps oh I don't know maybe go to the hospital and be with her grandmother while she is being admitted so she would not be alone. Yes I know my mother can be abrasive, rude and abusive but she has done some really nice things for my daughter from time to time. Oh but no she has to do what Fake Jake wants that is so much more important than what is going on with her family. My mail does not arrive until around noon. They knew I had an appointment and where it was. Do you think they even picked one thing in this house. Well of course not. :hissyfit:

I was and still am annoyed with them. I did not want to get into it about their selfishness and insensitiveness cuz I knew it would be one big fight and yelling and screaming type of fighting. Quite frankly I have been too depressed lately and I was very tired. So I did something kind of mean and I do not care. I said since Fake Jake got money he now can go take care of it or he can move out cuz he will never get a job with a bench warrant out on him. He has already lost one job due that very fact and he has to get a job. So I went to lay down for awhile before going to check on dad.

So My daughter and Fake Jake went to take care of the bench warrant. He was handcuffed and it took four hours for them to process him. It cost him about $100.00 to get out on bail. All this for a ticket of driving without insurance and if he had gone to his original court date none of this or the extra money would have not occurred. Will he learn to be more responsible or not. So I set a boundry but that still does not get him out of my home yet.

My dad was alright. He would not let me do much for him. I loaded his dishwasher. I asked if I could get him dinner as mom said there was some ham left over. He said "oh no I do not want anymore damn ham". I rarely says any kind of swear word so that was odd. He said he does not really care much for ham and he has had enough of it left over and he wants to eat at 7pm and mom has been feeding him dinner earlier than that. So I said fine what was he going to eat then for dinner. So we went out to the big freezer and found a Marie Calenders chicken fried steak dinner. He is going to have that and left over salad with ice cream for dessert.

Dad and I called my sister, she lives about 400 miles from us. Talking to her is always a thrill for me but at least she was not drunk when I spoke with her. I told her mom does not want her to come for this. Both my parents are very stubborn about asking for help. Whatever. My sister said to me 'it's beginning isn't it?" I thought to myself what planet does she live on? Our parents have been experiencing their end of days for 4 years now when mom had her gallbladder out and dad had prostrate cancer. Where has she been?

So my stinky sewer of negative emotions is seaping out with the help of today's events in the form of bitchiness and anger. I am so glad I have therapy tomorrow as I think that will help me.

I hope no one here had a day like mine. Blessings to all

Photo
silentwords
Apr 07 2010 01:09 AM
Oh my goodness, so much going on in your life! *many safe hugs* I wish you luck with it all. You are such a strong person for being able to handle all of this, honestly. Even if some of those emotions are spilling out, you are very strong for being able to handle everything. I actually had my gallbladder out a year and a half ago now. The doctor was amazed that it needed to come out at such a young age. My parents are going through taking care of their parents at the moment, and I know it is rough (as I am helping them). Take care and treat yourself to a little relaxation and something you enjoy. You deserve it. *more safe hugs*

Oh my goodness, so much going on in your life! *many safe hugs* I wish you luck with it all. You are such a strong person for being able to handle all of this, honestly. Even if some of those emotions are spilling out, you are very strong for being able to handle everything. I actually had my gallbladder out a year and a half ago now. The doctor was amazed that it needed to come out at such a young age. My parents are going through taking care of their parents at the moment, and I know it is rough (as I am helping them). Take care and treat yourself to a little relaxation and something you enjoy. You deserve it. *more safe hugs*

Thank you for your ressponse and caring. I do feel overwhelmed a little but it is okay and I am handling okay so far. Many blessings to you. Safe hugs
Photo
missophelia
Apr 07 2010 12:47 PM
It sounds like a lot of people have you running around. And that they are depending on you. Maybe piling too much up on you. No wonder you are tired.

It must be hard, doing all of that for everyone in your life, then not getting help from your daughter. Especially when you know there are things she could do to be helpful.

I think your bitchiness and anger are kind of warranted for what you're going through. But it's good that you're going to talk about those feelings in therapy.

I hope things have gotten better since you posted this. And I hope that you are able, in some way, to be gentle to yourself and treat yourself well.

peace to you :hug: :hug: :hug:

It sounds like a lot of people have you running around. And that they are depending on you. Maybe piling too much up on you. No wonder you are tired.

It must be hard, doing all of that for everyone in your life, then not getting help from your daughter. Especially when you know there are things she could do to be helpful.

I think your bitchiness and anger are kind of warranted for what you're going through. But it's good that you're going to talk about those feelings in therapy.

I hope things have gotten better since you posted this. And I hope that you are able, in some way, to be gentle to yourself and treat yourself well.

peace to you :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have to say I am tired but doing okay. I am trying to take care of myself. I have let the house go for now. I had an appointment for myself Monday, Tuesday and today but have no more this week so that will help. I have been going to the hospital in the morning and checking on my dad in the evening. I have taken a nap between so I would not exhaust myself. So far so good.

Thank you for your kind and caring message and your support. You are a wonderful friend. :hug: :hug: :hug:

August 2015

S M T W T F S
30 31     

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.