Photo

depersonalization

Posted by Zelda , 07 May 2014 · 129 views

I spoke with my former psychiatrist last night and  I told him  the nutty idea about going to psychedelic clinic in a third world country- the one mostly for herion addicts - of which I am not.
I had the courage after so many years to ask him about - depersonalization.
Somehow it felt less dangerous to ask now that he has moved away and it really wasn't all that scary after all.   The whole time I was talking to him I was gripping my forehead, a death grip,  as though keeping contents of my brain from spewing out.
What he said was perfect and I sort of love him for it.
In short, im not crazy.
Bolstered by that I mentioned psychotic break.  the big fear.
He said he thinks I have had many of them - a statement  - I would have thought would have taken me aback -  but as soon as he said it I knew it was true.
Ive been so keyed up since speaking with him.

My big fear too. I'm far too frightened to ask. Thnks so much for sharing - it's so brave of you. Q

yeah I know and so nonchalantly he said i think you have had many- in the same breath - that I always bounce back. so must be a thing i can do without much trouble- lotta practice. just great.

WARNING

INCEST

Recent Comments

Recent Comments

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.