Dreaming in Yarn

Photo

Packing up and other madness

Posted by Quinn , 13 August 2011 · 32 views

I have a few last errands and tasks to complete before my father arrives to help with my actual move.
Overwhelmed=me right now.
Soooo much going on, and it would be wearing me out if I was healthy and not also having so many fb's, body memories in addition to being sore and ill. I need lots of extra strength now, when I'm just falling completely...

Photo

Stellar Friends

Posted by Quinn , 11 August 2011 · 39 views

I broke down tonight again. Hours and hours of bawling my eyes out, lost in the past inside my head. Bless my amazing friends. They put up with so much. They are scared when I do this, I'm sure. Still, they sit with me. Comfort me. Talk me through the best they can.
I have never had support like this before, such genuine love and peace around me duri...

Photo

Moving in ONE WEEK!

Posted by Quinn , 10 August 2011 · 28 views

I'm FINALLY leaving this crappy little shoebox flat/apartment, after 8 years being essentially trapped here. It's a really big move for me. It isn't just about changing locations, going to a new state, changing climates and cultural base. It is sooo much more, both negative and positive.
I've been very excited but also very nervous/scar...

Photo

Moving in ONE WEEK!

Posted by Quinn , 10 August 2011 · 32 views

I'm FINALLY leaving this crappy little shoebox flat/apartment, after 8 years being essentially trapped here. It's a really big move for me. It isn't just about changing locations, going to a new state, changing climates and cultural base. It is sooo much more, both negative and positive.

Photo

Moving in ONE WEEK!

Posted by Quinn , 10 August 2011 · 32 views

Photo

Gave my friends the pandys link

Posted by Quinn , 09 August 2011 · 48 views

They both said they would come here and read. One is a survivor, one is not. They want to support me, they want to help. I feel so awful that I broke down in their presence and that I scared them. It took all I had to offer them the site as a means of information and support as well, so maybe they have some tools for the future.
I feel embarrassed, bu...

Photo

BAD BAD BAD Quinn

Posted by Quinn , 08 August 2011 · 15 views

My weekend was shit.
I'm bad.
I'm stupid.
I do have a few very caring, supportive, wonderful friends. Even if I feel like all I do is drag them down and take up their time and make them think less of me, like I'm just too much work, too much of a mess to bother with.
I'm not fun anymore, I'm just a burden.

Photo

sick with no phone

Posted by Quinn , 26 October 2009 · 12 views

I've been sick for about a week now. Last Thursday the phone took a nosedive into the toilet, with a shove from the cat who'd hopped onto the counter. Usually, the lid's down, but the day had been weird and well, I had the phone on the counter on speakerphone with a friend, I was looking for something in the cabinet, and the cat jumped up. S...

Photo

Computer and other problems

Posted by Quinn , 13 October 2009 · 39 views

The computers are both acting up and it's beyond annoying. I can't afford a new one, which I desperately need. The desktop is barely better than an oversized paperweight at the moment, and the laptop is ok when it works but otherwise is just slow due to no more hard drive space. I don't have the software I need on here because the windows a...

Photo

Together and alone

Posted by Quinn , 21 August 2009 · 17 views

Those are the only words I can use to describe how my life is lately, in many areas.

I'm crying, I'm angry, I'm frustrated, I'm scared, and I end up with others around me on some limited basis but feeling alone even if someone's got their arms around me.

Photo

floundering

Posted by Quinn , 20 August 2009 · 16 views

Sometimes I really struggle to find sure footing on this crazy broken path called life.

There's been so much of this going on for years, months, weeks, days... there are short spans when things are not quite as bad, but much of the past oh, ten years?-has been very very draining and difficult. If it isn't a health thing, is a survivor or abuse t...

Photo

My sister had to go home early... sick

Posted by Quinn , 16 August 2009 · 13 views

We saw the movie, went to the pet store, went out for a quick bite to eat.

Then, she got sick.

I had to take her home early and she couldn't stay the night. She was sposed to stay till tonight after dinner.
Oh well. Rain check.

It still was sad, and I felt bad for her because getting suddenly ill in public places can really SUCK. Plus, our...

Photo

Sister weekend

Posted by Quinn , 15 August 2009 · 16 views

I'm spending today and tomorrow with one of my sisters.
We're gonna do relaxing stuff like go see a movie, head to the library to get some books related to the film's topic, get some groceries and cook something.
It's all connected, as the movie I hope we're watching is "Julie & Julia."

Depending what the weather is, we m...

Photo

Wide awake at 3am. And still, at 430am...

Posted by Quinn , 14 August 2009 · 34 views

I went down for what was supposed to be a short nap. I hoped 2 hours would help me refresh, rejuvenate.
He was going to come over and we were going to talk tonight.

Instead, he woke me with a phone call at 9pm and I barely remember telling him take a pass on tonight, that I wasn't feeling well (true, I wasn't). I said call me tomorrow, and we...

Photo

Was it assault? I think so but I'm confused.

Posted by Quinn , 13 August 2009 · 18 views

Yesterday morning we were sound asleep in my bed. Well, I was asleep. Normally when he is here with me we are wrapped in each other's arms and it comforts me and I feel safe. I generally believe I can trust him and this allows me to relax and actually SLEEP.

But yesterday morning I opened my eyes and it was completely black around me with a blanke...

July 2014

S M T W T F S
2021222324 25 26

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.