Photo

50 questions

Posted by Nodaybuttoday , 01 January 2004 · 73 views

I stole this from Marc and Angel here

I'm hoping maybe they'll help me focus; so here's my answers

1. How old would you be if you didnít know how old you are?
Trick Question - I'd still be the same age :p
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying. For sure. Because who knows; you may succeed
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we donít like and like so many things we donít do?
Because the things we do are what is expected of us; few have the courage to do the things they want.
4. When itís all said and done, will you have said more than youíve done?
Maybe, but I will make a difference.
5. What is the one thing youíd most like to change about the world?
I'd like to give everyone the Hope I've found.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Being with children, helping survivors
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I'm beginning to do what I believe in, I settled for my job, but need the money to do what I care about, which I'm now doing on the side.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Waste significantly less time.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
Very little, thus far; but that has changed in the last 6 months, and will continue to every day.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing the right things; for sure
11. Youíre having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Stand up for her, at least minimally, saying maybe she's not that bad. and loose alot of respect for them.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Keep your hope
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Yes.Completely.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Not personally, but I know the world has many times.
15. Whatís something you know you do differently than most people?
experience life
16. How come the things that make you happy donít make everyone happy?
Because I'm not everyone else. And different things are allowed to make me happy.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? Whatís holding you back?
Travel; money is holding me back
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
yes. Alot, but I'm working on it.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I'd move back to Korea; because now I understand it.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Not anymore, I did when i was younger
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Joyful Simpleton
22. Why are you, you?
Because that is who God is making me to be. My experiences, choices, and thoughts have contributed to who I am.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
No, But my amazing friends are teaching me how I can be that person.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Loosing touch with a good friend who lives near by; because when they move you can still keep in contact (I mean most of the people i talk to online, or texting, so distance wouldn't make that huge of a difference). I've also lived VERY far from my loved ones, and continue to live a fair distance from them.
25. What are you most grateful for?
My family, and friends.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Loose all of my old ones, most of them aren't that great anyway.

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
No. To know something as abstract, and impacting as the truth, it must be challenged, thought about, and examined.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
The things we fear the most have already happened to us. It wasn't my biggest fear when it happened, now it is, of it happening again. My other biggest fears, thankfully, no.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
No, it really doesn't.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
When my biobro chased down the neighbourhood bully to get my pink Barbie shoe back. It is so special because it's the only time in my life i remember my brother acting like a real brother.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
The day I became a Survivor instead of a victim, realized I can help people, and that I'm going to write a book (July of this year)
32. If not now, then when?
Now is all we have. "no day but today"
33. If you havenít achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Absolutely nothing.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
No, but I've always wanted to.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because people don't live the love that they should. I'm a Christian, and I know if all Christians actually followed Christ, there would be no war. As Ghandi said "I like your Christ, I don't like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ"
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Yes.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
that depends on how much is taken in taxes :P If it's just a flat million; yes, and i would use to help more Survivors.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work i enjoy.
39. Do you feel like youíve lived this day a hundred times before?
Sort of. This is how I spend most of my days.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Every. Single. Day.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Everyone, my mom, sister, niece, nephew, cousins, MJ, Rissa, Sandy,
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No, I would if it would help someone though.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Truly Living is allowing yourself to experience and enjoy life. being alive is simply breathing.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
As soon as possible (once you have a back up plan, or at least a soft place to land)
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because other people judge us
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Lol I totally didn't read this before I answered the last one. But I would do alot of things very differently.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Every night, often it's one of the few things that calms me down.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love my family. and Yes, spending time and money with/for them has expressed it.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Not all of it, but the friends i talk to, the book i'm writing, and the impact I have hopefully will.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?

I am now, making them for myself; I love new years, and new days :)

July 2014

S M T W T F S
678910 11 12

Recent Entries

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.