Photo

I think my cousin K sa'd me when we were kids

Posted by blondie2002 , in Family 30 July 2013 · 164 views

http://www.pandys.or...IR#/trigger.gif I've been trying to block this out of my mind for the past 18 yrs or so, but I can't keep "silent" anymore.. *takes a deep breath* Ok, so when my cousin K and I were kids, we used to play "house" (like a lot of kids our age)and I was always the "wife" and "mom" and he played the "husband" and "dad", and when during our "playing house", it came time to "have kids", he
Spoiler

I thought about posting this on the boards and forums, but I don't know where to put it. I forgot to mention, that K is a yr older than me.

I didn't notice the age difference in you guys? There are two things that comes to my mind. One is that it has made you uncomfortable for a long time, and for you boundaries were crossed. The other thing that comes to my mind is that children do naturally explore. Where I live it is sexual assault if it is coercd, there is an age difference of 3 or 4 years, if the abuser has control over the victim through size, or if the victim has a mental or physical handicap. Most children who "play" and then cross boundaries may have been abused or was exposed to adult sexual acts either purposefully or by accident. When a child does this to another child it is called abuse reactive. Perhaps reviewing these questions can help you determine or understand. I would also acknowledge your gut emotions to this, and allow those to be respected and validated, even if it had been a situation of complete innocence on his part, your emotions still felt "yuck", so it's important to not dismiss those, or any impact.

Take Good Care,
Photo
blondie2002
Aug 06 2013 12:01 AM
sadly he was also ( :trigger: warning for mention of the m word) m'd when he was a kid by his dad. I'm not excusing his actions, but it makes sense. I know this isn't healthy, but I don't plan on talking about this with anyone in my offline life.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
171819202122 23

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.