Photo

My bff T says knowing you're a **** survivor is a "turn off"

Posted by blondie2002 , 30 May 2012 · 48 views

I told my bff T, how my ex C (for those that don't know, C and I broke up way before B entered my life and turned it upside down)tried to get back together with me shortly after finding out I was r***d.Unfortuneatly he couldn't handle it, (he didn't use those exact words)and he decided he "wasn't ready for a girlfriend". :( Needless to say we're no longer together. I told T this, and she said "it's a 'turnoff' ". :down:

So sorry, blondie. that sounds like a very shallow response from T. You are NOT a "turnoff" - in fact you are worth so much more than being defined by something silly like that. I hope that you can love yourself and see your real, precious self shine. -- LB
Some T. That upsets me. They supposed to help not hinder.
I'm sorry you had to go thru that.
Photo
HealingJourney
May 30 2012 06:07 PM
I can understand someone not being able to handle it but to claim it as a turnoff is really rough.
He sounds like a jerk, you are better off without him blondie. You deserve to be with someone kind who treats you right. Sending you positive energy and thoughts :hug:
Photo
blondie2002
May 30 2012 11:19 PM
thanks everyone, I feel better reading your repsonses. Let me just clarafy, T is a female and is the first letter of her name. I wasn't talking about my T. Sorry for the confusion. Btw, my bff, D isn't turned off by the fact that I'm a survivor. (even if he only sees me as a friend)

July 2015

S M T W T F S
   1 2 34

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.