my blog

Update-I Feel Wonderful

Posted by missophelia , 27 March 2010 · 57 views

I did it. I went, and I had lots of fun. And it really wasn't as bad as my anxiety led me to believe.

It was nice to see everyone I know from when I used to work at M's business. The dinner was delicious, and H, an older man who cares for M's mother, told a few really funny jokes. There was lots of laughter and a good time.

My biggest fe...

I'm Nervous

Posted by missophelia , 27 March 2010 · 40 views

I usually donít blog this early in the day, but Iím nervous about something. I thought writing it down would help.

This morning this guy, M, stopped by my house. I used to clean Mís house and business. I cleaned for him for almost 5 years. I also know most of his other employees.

I invited him in, and we sat and had coffee. A was home, so she had c...

Baby Step

Posted by missophelia , 26 March 2010 · 51 views

I took a baby step today. Surprisingly, it felt good.

D had a big problem with his truck, and he was waiting for our mechanic to let him know what kind of work it needs. The news is bad. He threw a rod. Which means the engine is gone.

His options are to spend $2,200 on a used engine, which carries no guarantee or warranty, or to sell it for par...

Too Hard On Myself

Posted by missophelia , 25 March 2010 · 60 views

I am too hard on myself.

Lately Iíve heard that a lot. Mostly from Dr H. But also from someone else, a good friend. Itís hard for me to admit, but they are both right.

I donít know why Iím always so hard on myself. Itís like I never give myself a break. I never allow myself anything I would allow for someone else. Like understanding, compassion, k...

Posted by missophelia , 24 March 2010 · 51 views

I am not assertive. I probably couldnít assert myself to save my life. Just the thought of it makes me anxious.

One of the biggest problems I have with my mother is being able to stick up for myself. When she starts berating me, Iím more like a dog with its tail between its legs. I feel like a weakling to admit that Iíd rather run and hide, then conf...

Posted by missophelia , 23 March 2010 · 46 views

Today has been unnerving.

I went in for an abdominal cat scan today. I had to drink what seemed like a ton of contrast, which left me feeling bloated and with a bad taste in my mouth.

A went with me. I guess just to keep me company, and be there for me. I was already nervous enough about it. After I checked in and filled out paperwork, I waited for...

How I React

Posted by missophelia , 22 March 2010 · 38 views

I had a good session with Dr H today. We spent most of the time talking about my mother, my anger and anxiety, and how I react to her.

I told Dr H about whatís gone on this week. Between her trying to blame A for Dís drinking, to telling me we were going to the drum circle, and how all of that has affected my stomach. And the anxiety Iím feeling.

I a...

Posted by missophelia , 21 March 2010 · 50 views

The day went ok. I managed to get the laundry done. Everything went fine until I went to pick it up when it was done. I go early in the morning, when thereís no one around so I donít have to wait for a machine. Usually no oneís there at all. But this morning, there were lots of people in the laundromat, and I couldnít wait to get out of there.

Out of Sorts Again

Posted by missophelia , 20 March 2010 · 41 views

It hasnít been a wonderful day.

My stomach has gotten really bad again. I saw the doctor yesterday. Over the next couple of weeks Iím going to be having all sorts of tests. Again. I told him Iíve been under a lot of stress lately. If I had to guess, Iíd say thatís whatís causing my pain.

Iíve been tested so many times over the past 2 years, and n...

My Silence

Posted by missophelia , 19 March 2010 · 54 views

Since I started therapy, my nightmares have changed. I still have the ones that are like a replay of being raped. But Iím having different ones, too.

I had one of those last night.

In my nightmare, he was standing over me, behind the building. I was on the ground. Even though he wasnít holding me down, I couldnít move. All I could do was look int...

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

December 2015

1 2345

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.