my blog

Photo

hard to write....

Posted by missophelia , 04 April 2015 · 40 views

I keep meaning to write here.  I keep having horrible pain.

It's not bad enough that my back hurts. That my hand and wrist hurt with the cold and with any usage where I apply pressure.  That my neck pain started to return in a bad way.

I had another procedure done on my neck to get rid of that really bad pain.  The last time I...

Photo

been gone...

Posted by missophelia , 13 March 2015 · 41 views

I've been gone quite a while.  Sorry.

Something inside of me is not in any way in the writing mood, if that's the way I should put it???    I have been struggling to put anything down in writing, to get any words to come forth from inside of me.

Something is going on with me.  Partly a physical something.  Partl...

Photo

just a short note....

Posted by missophelia , 24 January 2015 · 63 views

To say hey!

Sorry I've been away!

I've been working hard on this project for the VA art competition, and plan to be back really soon.  I have a lot more work to do....

Hope all of you have been well. 

Namaste

Photo

2014 part 13...

Posted by missophelia , 17 January 2015 · 52 views

That lack of control didn't end on the side of the highway.

Like I said, it was a godsend to be put into the back of that ambulance. But it would be a long while before I was let off of that backboard, or at least it seemed like it was a long while.

At the hospital I remained immobilized. All through the procedure of xrays, of many checks by...

Photo

2014 part 12...

Posted by missophelia , 15 January 2015 · 54 views

Losing control. Lack of control. Having no control.

For me, and probably others with PTSD, control is a huge issue. When I feel I have lost control, this overwhelming anxiety overtakes me. That flight part of fight or flight takes over me. I want to run. I want to hide. I end up feeling like I did on those two nights that I was raped.

Corner...

Photo

2014 part 11...

Posted by missophelia , 14 January 2015 · 42 views

On February 6, 2014, I was involved in an accident. The rear end of my car was smashed down to nothing by a tractor trailer that was being driven at about 60 mph.

As I have said, there were things that happened to me in 2014 that were significant, and in a positive way. This accident was one of those things.

When I say that this accident was...

Photo

2014 part 10...

Posted by missophelia , 11 January 2015 · 78 views

At some point between January 13th , 2014 and February 6th , 2014, and I don't remember the exact date, I got my first haircut.

I say it was my first haircut because for the first time I got my hair done in a manner that felt real. The haircut felt like me. It felt natural.

And for the first time, I actually liked a physical part of me. I li...

Photo

2014 part 9...

Posted by missophelia , 10 January 2015 · 42 views

So, what is it that I have learned from Buddhism?

I don't know if I've learned anything. I think I am learning. I am learning much, and have far to go to become the kind of Buddhist I long to be. But I am learning, and that is important. I have an open mind to take what I have read and put it into practice. Going beyond my saying to my self,...

Photo

2014 part 8...

Posted by missophelia , 07 January 2015 · 43 views

Once I got home from the hospital, and found my mala, I realized that I wasn't just searching for my mala. Sure, that was a big part of what I had thought about while I was in the hospital. But it wasn't the mala I was really looking for. I was searching for much more.

I remember one night, shortly after leaving the hospital, that I was on my compu...

Photo

2014 part 7...

Posted by missophelia , 06 January 2015 · 68 views

I had studied Buddhism for a short time, a few years ago. At the time that I discovered Buddhism, I was searching for something, spiritually. I didn't know then what Buddhism would mean to me now.

I was raised an Episcopalian. A lot of the traditions I was raised with were more Catholic in action and belief. As with many children, I was taught...

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

April 2015

S M T W T F S
19 202122232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.