Photo

the core...

Posted by missophelia , 15 June 2014 · 109 views

I had a rough session on Friday. I am still doing prolonged exposure therapy. It will continue for some time, I believe.

In my session on Friday, I started to identify some emotions and beliefs from the rape, both of which I have held deep inside of me for all of these past 25 years. Emotions and beliefs that go beyond all of the surface emotions I have always connected with the rapes.

For so long I have operated from a feeling of fear whenever I thought about, dreamed about, or spoke about the rapes or about the man who raped me. And for so long, as Dr K pointed out on Friday, that fear has covered up most every other emotion and belief that I have held from those two nights that I was raped.

It is like I am burrowing down, deep inside of my self, down to the core. To the core of not only those emotions and beliefs, but also, the core of those two nights.

Yes, I have been able to put those emotions and beliefs into words, but until this past Friday, I don't think I really saw the connection of both of those to the rapes, or the impact they have had on my self and my life since those two nights back in 1989.

And both emotions, and beliefs, those things that came from those rapes, have been held so tightly by me, so deep inside of me. I have taken them to heart, and they have been totally engrained inside of me, and entwined in every fiber of my mind, my body, and my soul.

Listening to the taping I do in my sessions is hard. And I still feel like I am mourning. I never really wept for my self, for the part of me that he killed those two nights. I know I have a way to go.

It is a process.

Namaste

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Jun 15 2014 06:08 PM

You are so brave and courageous to be facing this in the way that you are. I am with you every step of the way :hug:

Photo
missophelia
Jun 15 2014 08:56 PM

Untangling

Thank you so much.  your support means the world to me.   :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

September 2015

S M T W T F S
   1 2345

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.