Photo

from homework for this week...

Posted by missophelia , 20 April 2013 · 57 views

Feeling hope has helped me cope in the past. Even though things could be horrible, having that feeling that they can change, that they can get better. That hope has gotten me through some bad times.

And the way that I know that hope has helped me cope in the past? Currently, I feel no hope. Everything feels hopeless to me.

I am doing homework writing on things that have helped me cope in the past. Dr K is trying to help me deal with my SI'ing in hopes of getting me to get straight and stop doing harm to myself. And one way is to use coping skills that are more positive, instead of using SI'ing to cope.

What scares me most about what I've shared here in my writing, is the total lack of hope that I have. When my depression overtakes me, when the waves of it hit, I feel a total loss of hope.

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Apr 21 2013 09:29 AM
Can you, at times when you do feel some kind of hope, even just a tiny little wisp of it, write to yourself about the hope you do feel? I have at times when in a better headspace written notes to myself for when I'm not coping. Those notes have helped a lot.

Could you go through your blog and find entries from the past where you were feeling hope? That might help too.

Don't give up. Our feelings are feelings and do not always accurately portray what's really true. :hug: :hug:

Edit to add: could it be that your feelings of hopelessness are feelings from the past that are emerging now? That might not be the case but it was something that just came to mind, and I thought I'd share as a possible thing that might be happening.
Photo
missophelia
Apr 21 2013 11:06 AM
Untangling

I can try to do that. Hopefully I will feel some tiny wisp of hope. Thanks for the suggestion.

And I am trying to not give up.

Maybe it is possible that this could be coming up from feelings from the past. I don't know. But it's something to think about.

Thanks for all of your support and concern. It means a lot to me. :hug: :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

December 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.