Photo

to quote Elizabeth Wurtzel...

Posted by missophelia , 08 March 2013 · 80 views

ďI start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isnít one Iíll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if itís worth it.Ē

ó Elizabeth Wurtzel

Wondering if it's worth it is taking it's toll on me.

Pretty much sums up my day today, as far as how my emotions have been. Fighting really hard right now to not give up and give in and end things. And I've been fighting some pretty strong urges, trying to keep myself from SI'ing. And trying to keep myself here, on this planet.

The other day I wrote about bargains, and the fact that I have made a current bargain, one to keep me on the planet. And I am about at the end of that bargain, and I'm really trying to convince myself to extend that bargain.

I just don't know how much longer I can go on feeling this way, without at least giving in to my urge to SI. I KNOW it would bring me relief, if I gave in and SI'ed. And I keep rationalizing that, if I can get relief from SI'ing, maybe it would give me another chance to fight to bring myself out of this depression I'm in.

So, I don't know.

Photo
ForeverSmiling
Mar 09 2013 08:45 AM
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Honestly. It makes my heart ache to read this.

I've been exactly in that place before (right down to rationalizing SI and reading Elizabeth Wurtzel, actually). There is no worse feeling.

I don't have a lot of helpful words, but please be gentle with yourself. Things did eventually get better for me, even though I could not see it at the time. I'm still alive, I'm happy most days, and I haven't SI'd in almost two years. So keep hanging in there... You never know what might happen. I'm thinking about you.
Photo
missophelia
Mar 09 2013 07:15 PM
ForeverSmiling,

Thank you. The words you have written to me are helpful. It helps to know I'm not alone, and your words give me hope that it can get better. I am trying to hold on to that.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
242526272829 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.