Photo

giving up...

Posted by missophelia , 09 February 2013 · 32 views

What does it mean.

Going back there. Back to...

Everything being so deeply buried that I thought I was fine.

But I was not.

Instead, I was....

Depressed. Angry. Fearful. Anxious.

I had nightmares.

I had flashbacks.

I had no trust. Not in anyone, not really.

I hated myself. I hated looking at myself in the mirror. But the hatred went further, went deeper, than just the image in the mirror that I hated. It went to my core. I hated every single layer between my outer surface, and my inner core.

I had a miscarriage when my daughter was six years old. And I believed that it was my fault. God, or someone, was punishing me for all I had done that had led me to being raped.

I was suicidal. At one point in my life, the urges I had were to drive out onto the highway, and when moving at top speed, I would open my car door and fling myself out onto the pavement.

Or, maybe, I could find some other way to end my misery and the misery of everyone that had to have anything to do with me.

Or maybe I could just SI, until that pain subsided. Until I felt something. Until...

I was never good enough. Not for anyone. Not ever.

I gave up on my talents. My art. My writing. My music.

I had a few friends over the years, but just never became close to them. I never felt worthy of anyone's friendship. I was afraid to let anyone that close to me. And I was afraid that if I did, they would see the real me.

Because I KNEW that anyone who got to know the real me, would not want me as a friend. No way.

There were times I worked hard to keep everything buried. Times I wanted to scream into a pillow. Because to scream into the air would show the pain I was in, the pain that was trapped deep inside of me.

There were times that it all spilled over, spilled out, and I would have rage episodes. Terrifying rage episodes that would leave me with destroyed rooms, agonizing muscle spasms, a pounding heart and no breath, a tight knot in the pit of my stomach, tears streaming down my face, my words of anger and rage in the wind, and a desire to curl into a ball and sleep for hours.

There was one of those rage episodes that my daughter saw, when she was a little girl. I am hoping that someday she can forgive her mother for exposing her to a glimpse of my hidden locked away rage.

I believed every single thing the man who raped me said about me. About who I was. About what I was. About the fact that I deserved to be raped. About the fact that I liked it.

And wanted it.

And at the same time, my insides were being literally eaten alive with all that I kept buried.

Being molested when I was 10 years old.

Having an uncle who tried to rape me when I was a teenager.

Being raped by a superior of mine when I was in the US Navy.

And everything in between.

And with all of that, and more, I also had myself convinced that I was fine.

And there were times that, on the outside, and at least just below that outer surface, that I would be ok.

But I wasn't.

And when I think about giving up....

I need to remember what I've just written.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

March 2015

S M T W T F S
29 30 31    

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.