Photo

a beginning...

Posted by missophelia , 08 October 2012 · 59 views

I am finally at the end of my list. The final part of my list of beliefs that I identified in therapy. But I am hoping that this is only the beginning.

I have been a little less depressed today, but I feel like I'm right on the edge, and it would be so easy for me to just slip down into a more severe depression.

And that scares me.

Because the depression I've been dealing with these last few weeks has had me feeling like giving up, like nothing matters. I have been tempted to just stop doing every single thing that I've been doing to try and just keep my head above water.

Of all of the beliefs I have identified, I think the ones in this list are the most difficult for me. Other than those I already listed in my blog, be brave, missophelia. Those spoke to how I feel about myself, from the direct words of the man who raped me. These that I am listing tonight speak to how I feel about myself, from the way I feel about myself.

So here they are.

I am unworthy of anyone's love or good words or praise or of anything
I am not that good at anything, not art or playing piano, or much of anything
I'm not worth all of this work (healing)
I can't do any of this work (healing)
I don't deserve a break
I'm not allowed to be happy
I'm a broken mess
I'm a lost cause
I will never get any better
I'm not strong
If I killed myself or cut myself no one would care
I hate myself and that's ok

It's a little overwhelming, reading over this list. It's a little overwhelming, reading my past blogs, reading the list I have from therapy.

It's more than a little overwhelming trying to imagine the work ahead of me, and trying to imagine a life where I've worked on these beliefs and changed them and where I feel different, and better, and more whole.

But I think I have made some progress. I am really questioning the beliefs I have had about it being my fault that I was raped. The self blame, believing I deserved it, believing I should have done more to try and get away from him.

Although, at times, I can't imagine a life where I don't feel and believe the way I do today, about the self blame. About any of it.

And it's scary. It's just all scary. It's almost like my future feels so uncertain.

Because I don't know any other me than the me I have known since I was a 10 year old girl, from that day that I was molested.

But, as scary as all of this is, as overwhelming as it is, and as it feels, I think I have to move forward, and continue working on this. I have been in therapy for 4 years now. And I know that I have made progress. To let the fear overwhelm me now would be throwing away all the hard work I have done to get me to this point. And it would be sending me back to the life I lived, one of complete and utter inner turmoil and mounting depression.

Because if I hadn't started therapy when I did, I do believe that I would not be here today.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me for tonight. I hope everyone has a good evening.

Photo
missophelia
Oct 09 2012 01:52 PM
bellachai

Thank you.

Lots of love, blessings, and hugs. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
192021222324 25

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

19 user(s) viewing

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

19 user(s) viewing

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.