Photo

purging....

Posted by missophelia , 07 October 2012 · 66 views

I feel like I am purging, by writing out this list of beliefs I have identified in therapy. I feel a need to write them down onto paper, so to say. To list them, maybe as a way to help myself start to see and feel them differently.

Anyway, here is another portion of my list.

I don't trust men
The world is not a safe place
I have no control over myself
I have no control over what happens around me or over others
I don't trust men in uniform, they are not safe
If I don't stay on guard, I will get hurt
I have no power over someone who wants to hurt me
If I let someone in, when they get to know me they won't want to be with me or get close to me
I cannot trust anyone to let them get close to me

More to come.

Too bad I don't feel like I'm really purging here. At least, not with the way I feel deep down inside of me. And I know, it's going to take time with all of these beliefs I have. None of them are going to change over night. I just don't know how I'm supposed to go about really changing them.

I'll have to talk to Dr K about that.

I'm still feeling quite a bit depressed. I spent another day, today, doing not much of anything. I can't get myself painting. Only down in the art room at the VA. It's a good thing I have that place. It forces me to get out, be social, and paint. Left to my own devices here at home, that isn't happening. I just sit here.

Which makes me feel like a failure. I know I need to give myself a break. I know I'm depressed, and that I'm trying. But I just feel like an epic fail. I've got this painting I'm doing for my grandson, and I can't even get myself to work on it. And I have something to sew for him, that I should have ready for when he is born, which could be any moment now.

But I can't get myself to do it. I sit here, and say to myself, get it done. But that isn't working.

Anyway, thank you for reading, and I hope you all have a good evening.

Photo
missophelia
Oct 08 2012 02:45 PM
Untangling

I'm sorry that you can relate to those things. I am glad though, that they have softened for you. And knowing they have softened for you gives me hope that that can happen for me, too.

I will keep at it, I will just have to. And give it time.

I think I put a lot on myself, and don't allow myself a break. I expect myself to be perfect, or something? And I forget that I'm fighting this depression, which zaps just about everything from me. So maybe I can stop pressuring myself. I don't know. I struggle with doing kind things for myself, but I can try.

Thanks, my friend. I'm thinking of you, too. :hug: :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

49 user(s) viewing

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

49 user(s) viewing

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.