Photo

be brave, missophelia...

Posted by missophelia , 04 October 2012 · 37 views

Trigger warning for graphic language. Please take gentle care of you.

My days have been a little up and down since I last blogged. I'm still struggling with depression. I'm still struggling with urges to SI, and with suicidal thoughts. And I'm still struggling with wanting to give up. But I don't think I can do that.

Confronting the beliefs I have identified in therapy is hard. It is painful. Sometimes I feel like I've stepped back, and I'm observing at a distance. Sometimes, I feel so close to them that the pain is overwhelming.

But I think that writing them out, and examining them again and again, in a strange way, is helping me.

The work it takes to change my beliefs, is a task of gigantic proportions. And sometimes, when I look at that list, I end up feeling like there is absolutely no way I can see any of those beliefs any differently. And that's when I get to feeling like I will never make progress, or get better, or heal.

But I am healing. I have made progress. Although I have my times when I can't see it, I know I have. I am. Healing. Progressing. I think me realizing that what he said about me deserving it, and how it was my fault, that all of that was crap. I think that shows progress, which can only bring about healing.

The list I identified in therapy is pretty long, so here is another portion of it.

I'm disgusting and filthy
I liked it, getting fucked in the dirt
I'm a dirty slut
Getting fucked is all I'm good for
I wanted him inside of me
I needed to be reminded of what I was and would always be
I am all of those things he said I was
If I tell what happened, people will see that I am what he said I was

Lots more to come.

These ones are tough. All of these things he said to me, they were much more than him just putting the blame on me, him telling me I deserved it, making it my fault. These ones cut right to the heart of me. Right to the inner me, to my psyche. To my core. I hear them when I look in the mirror. Most times I can't look in the mirror.

And yet, I think they do tie in to the self blame. Somehow, they make me feel culpable. Like I took a part in it. I liked...I wanted.

This was hard, writing this out. I just hope I can be brave enough, strong enough, to work on feeling and believing differently than all of these messages he pounded into my core.

Thanks for reading, everyone, and have a good night.

Photo
endlessocean
Oct 04 2012 11:23 PM
This is why rpe is so underreported, and why there are so many sick sadistic people in the world, in my opinion. We also live in a society that teaches women to want to be assaulted and objectified. It's so crazy!

Thanks for sharing this with us ;)
Feelings are often not based on facts and getting to the place where feelings are on facts is a difficult journey but a worthy one.

Thinking of you. Take good care of you.

Blessings, love and many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Oct 05 2012 11:50 AM
endlessocean

I think you are right. And thank you for reading. :)
Photo
missophelia
Oct 05 2012 11:52 AM
bellachai

That's exactly part of how Dr K and I have been working on these beliefs. It is very hard to take my beliefs, and see the difference between which of my beliefs are feeling, and which have any basis in fact. It is a difficult journey, but maybe yeah, int he long run, it is a worthy one.

Thinking of you, too, and I hope you are taking good care of you as well.

Blessings, love, and lots of hugs. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

August 2015

S M T W T F S
232425262728 29

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.