Photo

laundry list...

Posted by missophelia , 30 September 2012 · 67 views

I've been very quiet on here lately. Awhile back, I went through a period where the mere thought of blogging gave me such anxiety. Odd, since at one point I blogged every day, for almost two years straight. Lately, I've found myself filled with that anxiety again at the thought of blogging here or on tumblr.

I've also been struggling with some pretty bad depression. And the past couple days, anxiety throughout the day being thrown in. But, there are some positives. Which sounds weird, me typing that, because lately I've been anything but positive.

I am working on my painting for my grandson, although I now have my doubts that it will be done before he is born. But, I can only do what I can do.

I am working on a painting at the VA. That is going well.

I am learning a new piece on the piano. Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique. 17 pages of music. I'm loving it. And, my music therapist is impressed with my progress.

I am still doing trauma processing, and I have become kind of overwhelmed. The homework is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. And I have done a lot of it. And I think I need to spend more time talking about it. I don't think I'm getting enough of that right now. I see Dr K Tuesday. I will talk to her about how I feel regarding that.

So, here's some of my homework. Maybe it will help to share it here. And what I am going to share is long, so I can't do it all in one blog.

I have a list of beliefs that I am working on. These are very hard for me to work on. They are very negative, and I realize that. They are also very painful. Trying to come to terms with how I feel, that by itself is something I am struggling with, let alone trying to work on changing any of them or seeing them in a different way.

So, here I am, sharing some of them.

I'm to blame for being raped
I was a disgrace in uniform
If I hadn't gotten into trouble then I wouldn't have been raped
I deserved being raped
I should have been more careful
I should have run or fought
I should have gone to the guy on the quarterdeck
I should have fought harder and gotten away
I should have known he was going to rape me
I got exactly what I deserved

Lots more to come.

It's funny (well, maybe not funny), how I can read those, and the logical mind inside of me knows they aren't true. But how do you fight the feelings, because that's what they are. So deeply ingrained inside of me. The way I feel about myself. The way I can blame myself, and hate myself.

It is so hard.

And so was writing here tonight.

Thanks for reading, and everyone have a great night.

you are brave and strong for writing when it was hard.

withdrawal/isolation are big traits of depression. you probably know that. just saying between that and being overwhelmed with trauma processing...it makes a lot of sense you haven't felt able to blog.

always good to see you. i'm facing some negative beliefs of my own right now.

:metoyou:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.