Today I Struggled

Posted by missophelia , 28 April 2010 · 32 views

Today I struggled some.

I didnít sleep well last night. I hate it--itís almost like clockwork--after I see a cop or someone who reminds me of him, I have trouble sleeping that night. I usually have some kind of nightmare.

I tried to think of positives before I went to sleep last night. I was just restless, and I had those vague dreams with that smothering feeling. Just flashes of him through my dreams, nothing really concrete as far as dreaming about what he did to me.

I finally got up early, after another short dream, and I just stayed up. Which didnít help me at all.

I wanted to sleep in, because I was scheduled for another test at 10 this morning, and I had to fast after midnight. Which also meant no smoking. So, being up early put me on edge, because I couldnít even have any water.

The test wasnít wonderful. It took 2 hours. I had to be injected with this tracer, which would fill my gallbladder, then have several pictures taken. Then, after my gallbladder was full, I was given another injection to make my gallbladder contract and empty. The second injection gave me bad cramps, which I was told was normal.

I didnít have to change into a gown or anything, but the technician was a man. He was nice enough, but it still upset me, being alone with him in a room. But he was kind of just in and out, for only a few seconds or a minute at a time.

By the time it was over, I was desperate to at least have some coffee, and a cigarette. I was more than relieved to get out of there. And it didnít help that it was really cold in the hospital, like they had the a/c on, or something. Which makes no sense, because it was really cold out today.

Anyway, while I was laying on the table, the only thing I could do was think. I tried to keep something positive in my mind, but I kept thinking about him.

Iíve been doing better in dealing with memories, but not today. I really struggled to think about something, anything, other than him. But my mind kept going back to him.

I kept thinking about the things he said, hearing his voice. Thatís hard for me. It brings back so much, like all of the feelings I had both during and after he raped me.

I find that sometimes the things he said can still bring me such feelings. Itís not even really shame. Itís just this disgust, I think. Disgust for what he did, and disgust for the position he put me in. I donít blame myself anymore, I know none of it was my fault. But I still feel disgusted that he did what he did, and that he was able to get to me to do what he did.

Which pisses me off.

But even though I was pissed off, I still had this feeling today, feeling vulnerable. Every time I thought about all of that today, I just felt so vulnerable. Not like he can get to me now, just like I was so defenseless then, and that he took all of my choices and power from me on those 2 nights.

If that makes any sense.

After I got home, I worked hard to distract my thoughts. I had something to eat, watched a little TV, did a little cleaning. I spent some time with A, helping her with her room. I think sheís taking after me, cleaning the junk out, and trying to neaten things up. Thatís a good thing.

Eventually I got my mind off him. But it was hard today. It kind of makes me not want to go anywhere, so I donít run into reminders of him. But I know I canít do that.

Hiding myself away, avoiding life in general, those things arenít going to help me heal. I have lots of days that are way better than today was. But every once in a while I get thrown for a loop. I try to remember the things Dr H and I have talked about so I can deal with days like today, but sometimes itís so hard.

I know this feeling. And I am listening. I love the title of this, it's a declaration and a hope...tomorrow may be better? take care..

Apr 29 2010 02:00 PM

Thank you for listening. :)

Maybe it is a hope. Hope for a better tomorrow, or for an easier time dealing with my next struggles.

I always hope that tomorrow will be better. Take care.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

November 2015

22232425 26 2728

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.