Photo

A Strange Day?

Posted by missophelia , 24 April 2010 · 12 views

Itís been a strange day today. Although Iíve spent lots of time in the recent past staying home to avoid facing my triggers, itís been a long time since Iíve stayed home because of being sick, or under the weather.

Today I stayed home. Iíve been feeling ok, just ok. Not wonderful. Not miserable. I was up last night with a miserable headache. So, I switched pain killers. My headache is mostly gone.

I didnít do much today but sleep, rest, and eat lots of jello and custard. Iíve been craving all of these things I canít eat right now. But Iím tough enough to make it on what I can eat. Iíve also been craving a smoke. I donít know how tough I am to be able to wait until I can have one of those. My dentist said 4-5 days.

:gaah: Iíll have to make it.

A has been good to me all day. She ran to the store for me earlier, picked me up a couple of things I can have. She also brought me my meds and stuff to eat. Sheís really become a great person. Very caring, and thoughtful.

Last Monday Dr H told me that if I canít make it to my session on this Monday, to let her know. But I feel strong enough to make it. I wonít have any problem. I told her I wasnít going to let this oral surgery keep me down. I wasnít going to let it interfere with therapy or my healing. I just need time to heal, physically.

I think thatís important to my overall healing.

I had a dream last night, but it was really weird. And he wasnít in it anywhere. It was a short dream. Maybe it was influenced by my pain meds. I went into the bathroom, and couldnít find the toilet. I got nervous, asked A where it was. For some reason it was on the other side of the bathroom from where it is in reality. She showed me, I felt stupid for not seeing it. Then I woke up.

I think that was definitely influenced by my meds. It was just strange.

I even told A about it this morning. She just kind of looked at me, and asked if I needed anything. I donít blame her for looking at me. I would have looked at myself like that too.

Itís actually been a light day for me. I think my body and mind are concentrating on my physical healing. I havenít done much thinking about other things. But I think thatís ok. I think my mind needs a break from that kind of thinking. Trust me, I have plenty of time for all of that when my mouth is more healed.

I think itís ok to take a break every once in a while. It sure feels ok.

I believe it's not only okay to take a break from things, but beneficial as well. Besides you really do need the time to heal physically. It must be so amazing to have watched A grow into such a great young woman. I hope you smile when you think of your contribution to this transformation. :)
Photo
missophelia
Apr 25 2010 06:26 AM
chelseario

I think it has done me good to take a break these past couple of days. I feel a little better today than I did yesterday. I think everything in my mouth will heal slowly, but just fine.

Thank you for your kind words about A. I really am proud of her. :)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

January 2015

S M T W T F S
2526272829 30 31

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

9 user(s) viewing

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

9 user(s) viewing

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.