Photo

Ready

Posted by missophelia , 22 April 2010 · 66 views

Well, Iím about as ready as Iíll ever be for tomorrow. I think Iíve had more than my fill of the stuff I like to eat. Iíve got stuff ready for when I can manage to drink or eat anything. All I have left to do is take a shower and get a good nightís sleep.

At least I donít have to be there at the crack of dawn.

I canít eat or drink after midnight, but I canít smoke either. I wish I could have just one cigarette before the operation. I know I wonít be able to smoke for a while afterward. I can already feel the withdrawal!

I think Iíve worked out all of the worries I have about tomorrow. Iíve worked really hard to separate the oral surgery from the night behind the gym. Iíve been working on taking control back from him, and on putting him in perspective and seeing him for what he is.

I know that after I tell Dr H about what he did to me behind the building, Iíll be even more able to put him in perspective. And to take even more control back from him.

But Iím trying to keep in mind that Iíll be safe tomorrow. That the surgery in my mouth is nothing like what he did to me behind the gym. Itís just not the same.

Itís funny, 6 months ago, I wouldnít have been able to come to any kind of decision that was the best one for me. Tonight I feel good. I struggled with this decision to have the oral surgery, and have been waiting since January for the insurance to approve the operation. And then the dentures.

Itís the best choice I could have made. Because the rest of my natural teeth are so bad, and they keep getting infected. And then thereís the pain.

So, I know Iím doing the right thing. I know Iíll feel better after everythingís done. I know my worries about tomorrow are normal. But I know, and Iíve been told, that everything will be ok. The sedation will be ok. The pain in my mouth wonít be too bad. I wonít bleed for too long. I wonít look horrible while Iím waiting for my mouth to heal.

Thatís going to take 4-8 weeks.

On the bright side, Iíll probably lose weight. Which is good. My meds made me gain close to 40 pounds. Iíd love to take some of it off.

And I know Iíll survive on the diet Iíll be stuck with.

I know Iím strong enough to face tomorrow. So, I guess Iím ready. :)

Photo
thisischrissy
Apr 22 2010 10:14 PM
I mean to sound creepy or anything but I follow your blog and I am soooo so so happy to hear that you are ready for tomorrow. :) I'm so proud of you taking control of this. I'll pray for you tonight (if you don't mind) and I defiantly will be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm so happy to hear that you are ready.

So proud. Hehe. Yet again, sorry if I sound creepy. Hehe.
Photo
missophelia
Apr 22 2010 11:02 PM
thisiscrissy

You don't sound creepy. I appreciate your words, and your prayers, too. Thank you for being happy and proud for me. It means a lot.

:)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26272829 30   

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.