Photo

Maybe PTSD, Maybe ?

Posted by missophelia , 16 April 2010 · 6 views

Iíve been off all day. I donít know if itís my PTSD, or what. Iíve been jumpy and on edge. Just off.

A and I did some running around today, and she drove. I felt like a banshee or something. I kept yelling at her about her driving, especially at intersections. I really went off on her at one in particular.

Then we passed a cop in one of the aisles of the grocery store. I really fought my anxiety and the memories that started to surface. But I donít want A to see me like that. After a few minutes in the bathroom, I joined her again, and we finished our shopping. Although I was jumpy at some of the noises in the store. Like this one kid who was crying. And then the loudspeaker. It sounded too loud to me, but I think it was only me who felt that way.

Mostly it was just this jumpiness and anxiety today. In the grocery store, and while we were driving. Either when A came up behind another car, or passed cars parked on the side of the road, I felt so jumpy. It was kind of overwhelming. I tried to chill, but I didnít have much success.

I did apologize to her when we got home, but I still feel bad at the way I snapped at her. I shouldnít have. Sheís not a bad driver.

I feel like a bitch.

Maybe itís that Iím not dealing well with some of the memories coming up as I clean things out. I am finding more things from my past. Things from my childhood. Things I saved that I donít understand why I did.

Maybe Iím not ready to deal with them. Maybe I wonít be able to handle the memories at all. I feel a need to write about them, but not tonight. Tonight Iím going to take a hot bath, and try to relax.

I didnít sleep well last night. Maybe that has something to do with it. I was just restless all night. I had that smothering dream again. I donít remember what happened in the dream, just this vague feeling of being smothered. I know why Iíve had that dream. Iíve had it many times.

I know how it feels to be smothered. Luckily, he didnít kill me. Maybe after I tell Dr H about the night behind the building, it will start to go away. I hope it will.

Anyway, I hope tomorrow will be better. I think my bath will put me in a better mind set. At least, I hope it will. And for tonight, Iím going to put the cleaning out on hold. Maybe tomorrow Iíll be able to handle it better, or come at it with a different perspective.

All I can do is try.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

November 2014

S M T W T F S
161718192021 22

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.