Photo

I Have Realized Something

Posted by missophelia , 09 April 2010 · 87 views

I did a lot of thinking today, and I have realized something. Iíve come to a conclusion. Telling my story to Dr H will not kill me.

Iíve been thinking a lot about my upcoming oral surgery. Iíve been trying not to panic. I know why Iíve been panicking. Itís because of what he did to me behind the gym. And I really think I need to talk to Dr H about it before I have the surgery. I know I do. I think that maybe telling her will go a long way in helping me to deal with my anxiety about the surgery. I know it will.

So, thatís what Iíve realized. I know that when I put my mind to doing something, I can do it. And today I put my mind to telling her that part of my story Monday.

I think Iím a lot stronger than I sometimes give myself credit for. And the more I think about telling her, the more I realize that I can do it, no matter how hard it will be for me. I also think that once I start talking, it wonít really be that hard.

Maybe Iíve projected in my mind that it would be too hard. Maybe Iíve been self-defeating. Maybe Iíve let him have too much control over me, for too long.

Between now and Monday, Iím not going to obsess over it. Iím just going to have my weekend, get up Monday, drive to my appointment, and tell her.

Tonight, I feel strong. I know I can do it. I find myself at peace with that.

:yay: Good for you. I hope you really enjoy your weekend. Do something fun just for yourself. Take good care of yourself. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Apr 10 2010 09:47 AM
bellachai

Thank you. I have a lot planned for the weekend, so I'll be able to keep myself busy. And maybe have some fun too.

When I got up this morning, I thought about what I'd written in this post. And strangely, I don't feel freaked out about telling her.

peace to you :hug: :hug:
Photo
Untangling-It-All
Apr 10 2010 11:29 AM
You sound so strong! This is wonderful progress! Go you :)
Photo
missophelia
Apr 10 2010 12:55 PM
Untangling

Thank you. :)

Your words are very encouraging.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24 25 2627282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

4 user(s) viewing

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

4 user(s) viewing

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.