Photo

Good and Sad Thoughts

Posted by missophelia , 28 March 2010 · 56 views

Today started out pretty good.

I slept well last night. I havenít slept that well in a long time. Maybe the dinner I went to had something to do with it. When I woke up, I felt pretty rested, and I donít remember having any bad dreams.

I did laundry, like usual. Thatís my big thing on Sundays. Other than that, itís just a little housework and making something for dinner.

D borrowed my car to go meet up with his friend, so it was just me and A for most of the day. She helped out a little around the house, then went out with some friends. So I ended up with some alone time, which I find myself wanting more and more.

I still am seriously considering splitting with D, after my bankruptcy has been discharged, and we can sell the house without a problem. He wants to sell the house anyway, and get something out in the country. But right now, Iím leaning toward splitting the sale price of the house with him, and then leaving him.

Iíve been thinking about doing that more and more. Part of me doesnít want to, but itís such a small part of me that I donít really see staying with him as much of an option anymore.

Heís still drinking, and we never do anything together. I've tried. I donít know if Iím supposed to try harder, but he doesnít reach out to me and try to be part of a couple with me. He wonít stop drinking, and he wonít even consider counseling with me. Iím actually quite tired of trying for as long as I have to keep our marriage going. Itís kind of like there is nothing there to keep going.

In a way it breaks my heart. After my parentsí divorce, I never wanted to marry. When D and I first got married, I vowed not to end up like my parents. After A was born, I vowed to never let her feel like I did when my parents went through their divorce.

But sheís almost 19, and I guess sheíll be able to handle it if I leave him. She already has very mixed emotions about the whole thing, now that sheís learned that heís drinking again. She told my mother that she canít stand to look at D.

Hmmm.

I hope sheís talking to her therapist about her feelings, because sheís got to be pretty mixed up about his drinking. For years he reassured her that he wouldnít drink. He knows how much itís always upset her. It makes me feel like he doesnít care about her feelings or mine anymore.

Iím just tired of dealing with him, and wanting so much to leave him and be alone. He doesnít help around the house, even though he usually doesnít go anywhere during the day. No sooner do I clean the house, then he dirties it up, and it frustrates me to no end.

I know I sound like Iím bitching, but I'm not. It's more a sadness than anything. If I donít vent some of my feelings about it all, I feel like Iíll explode if I think about it anymore.

Maybe Iím trying to fight the feeling that I know what I have to do. I donít know. I feel like Iím living in a make believe world to think that I can manage to stay with him the rest of my life. But it kind of makes me want to cry. Iíve been with him so long, and can never get those years back. And I somehow feel like Iíve wasted a lot of years on a marriage that is gone.

Anyway, D got home, and told me there was some kind of problem with my car. Which kind of freaked me out. Tomorrow is my session with Dr H, and the drive is about 40 miles. I NEED my car tomorrow. He says it should get me there, so Iím hoping it will.

I hate feeling so needy for Dr H, and feeling like if I miss an appointment with her itís going to affect me so negatively. So, I kind of worked myself up, and got really anxious about my car. But Iíve been trying to stay calm. Iíll just have to see how it goes tomorrow.

I should be ok.

Iím really excited to tell Dr H about last night, and also about standing up to my mother the way I did. I think Iíve had a pretty good week.

You indeed have had a good week with some big steps as well. You have been brave and actually had some fun doing it.

I am so sorry about your marriage. It is a big decision. Only you know what is best for you and when the time is right you will just move on with or without him. Remember as you change (for the better and in healthy ways) those closest to you will also change and not always in the ways we would like them to. Also remember drinking is a disease and an addiction. By drinking he stuffs all his emotions. He is unable to deal with others emotions. They do have the choice to get help and he has refused where you have reached out for help. It is not being needy to look forward to healing and seeing those who are helping you to heal. You are committed to find your path to a healthy lifestyle. D may not be able to deal with that.

you so remind me of myself thinking everything to death to the point you think you will drive yourself crazy. Give yourself a break more often.

I am thinking of you my friend. I wish we could celebrate your steps forward in RL so visualize us having some fun and laughing. You are special and a loving human being.

Many blessings to you missophelia :hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Mar 28 2010 08:48 PM
bellachai

Thank you for your words of encouragement and support.

You remind me of myself in may ways, too. I try to give myself a break, and I hope you can do the same for yourself.

I am pretty sure I know what's going to happen with my marriage. I just have to write it out sometimes. It helps get it off my mind so I don't nag at myself about it. I am so willing to go into counseling with him. But since he won't, I feel I have few choices of what to do. I just know I can't keep on with our marriage the way it is. If he can, that's fine for him, but not for me.

I am also thinking of you. It would be great to celebrate each other in RL. I do visualize us having some fun, laughing, and sharing tea. You are very special to me, and a very caring person.

peace to you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.