Photo

Update-I Feel Wonderful

Posted by missophelia , 27 March 2010 · 50 views

I did it. I went, and I had lots of fun. And it really wasn't as bad as my anxiety led me to believe.

It was nice to see everyone I know from when I used to work at M's business. The dinner was delicious, and H, an older man who cares for M's mother, told a few really funny jokes. There was lots of laughter and a good time.

My biggest fear once I got there, was actually driving a go cart. A was nervous too, and I really wanted her to enjoy it. I even told her that if she didn't try it, she would regret it later. Then I applied those words to myself. I reached past my fear, and actually joined in on one of the races.

I came in last place, but it was fun. And it was no where near as scary as my mind imagined it would be. A loved it so much that she went out for two other races. I am so glad I fought the anxiety and fear and raced, because it got A to go, and I feel like I would have let her down if I didn't race. And I think I would have let myself down as well.

Being out in the dark, on the way home, was ok too. A was right next to me, the parking lot was well lit, and it was in a secluded area, at the top of a hill with no other buildings or trees around. So the only people around were everyone in the party, and the employees of the place.

I feel wonderful right now. Dr H has told me that if I can face my fears, it will become easier over time, and it will go a long way in my healing. I really need to listen to her words, and trust that what she says helpful for me. Because it is.

And everyone here, who have been so encouraging, and there for me. Your words are also so helpful, and I greatly appreciate them. So, thank you.

:D :D :D

Yahoo!!! This made me smile!! I'm so happy you were able to push through the fear and go!!!
It's a huge step in the right direction!!!! :yay:
That is great to hear! I'm so glad you had fun and that you were able to overcome your fear of the dark for at least one night to go out...that is a very hard fear to bite through.
I am so happy you and A went and that it was a success and fun. It was good that you both shared a fun outing together and spent quality time together. :thumbsup: :hug: :hug:
Photo
missophelia
Mar 28 2010 11:11 AM
chelseario, Lexie, and bellachai

Thank you all so much.

In a way, I still can't believe I did it. It was so much fun, and I'm so glad A went with me, and that we were able to share the night. We both overcame our fear of the go-carts, and I know having her with me helped me work through my fear of the dark.

I hope to do something like it, to help me keep working through my fears.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you all
Yay! That is awesome, I am so proud of you! I am glad you were able to work through those fears
Photo
missophelia
Mar 28 2010 12:43 PM
chelirach

Thanks so much.

Thank you for being proud of me. I think I'm allowed to be proud of myself, too. The night was so fun, but it was much more than that for me. Maybe I can work through my fears next time, too

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
stealing_wonderland
Mar 28 2010 05:57 PM
It is fantastic that you were able to look past your fears and go to the party and enjoy yourself !! You should be very proud of yourself. Posted Image Sounds like you had fun on the Go-Karts, too...and, don't worry about finishing last. I barely even finish the race !! Hehe.

Glad you had a good time though, and so happy you faced a couple of fears and persevered. Posted Image
well done!!
Photo
missophelia
Mar 28 2010 06:45 PM
stealing wonderland

Thank you.

I felt like a little old lady. Everyone else kept zooming by me, even A passed me several times! But it was lots of fun.

I like that word-persevered. It sounds just like what I did.

Photo
missophelia
Mar 28 2010 06:47 PM
criesmaga

Thank you so much.

Your comment means a lot to me. I guess I did do pretty well. It was more fun than I expected. :)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2015

S M T W T F S
567 8 91011

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

7 user(s) viewing

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

7 user(s) viewing

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.