Photo

Here I Go Again

Posted by missophelia , 22 January 2010 · 54 views

This is troubling to me, because it bothers me and brings up all sorts of memories. I guess it's a trigger, but I never imagined it would be.

D is drinking again. Not as bad as when we were first married, at least according to him. But, bad enough for him to reek of booze when he does drink.

The other day I caught a whiff of him, and immediately had a panic attack. I started having flashbacks, and got away from D as quickly as I could.

Every night D used to smell of booze. Both nights that I came home after being attacked, he smelled. The other day, I felt just like I did on those nights.

I've talked to him about his drinking. I asked him if he was going to stop or not. Like I said, he claims he's not drinking like he used to. He also says he won't stop because it's not a problem.

I don't know if he would even understand how it makes me feel to smell him after he's been drinking. Not only that, but his staggered walk and slurred speech also bother me. It all brings up so many awful memories, so it is a problem for me.

I don't honestly know if I believe him. I also am torn about what to do. We are trying to work things out, but having panic attacks and flashbacks from being around him when he's been drinking is doing me no good. Not to mention the struggles I've been having to stay sober myself.

Sometimes I get so tired from struggling, and from trying so hard to work through all of this. Sometimes I just want to crawl into bed and never get out. Sometimes I just want to get drunk.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
      1 2

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.