Photo

A Lot to Consider

Posted by missophelia , 13 January 2010 · 44 views

Well, I got the nerve up to talk to D. I'm actually kind of proud of myself, because, like I said, men scare me, including D. I had all the possible options of what he would say all prepared in my mind. Dr H told me to try something like that. So, for the most part, I was prepared.

I wasn't prepared for one of the things he said. D said he would always love me. Instant guilt here, because of the feelings I have for him--the whole hate thing for him not being there for me after I was raped. I still feel that, though. Maybe it's not justified? I'm not going to second guess myself for feeling that way. Not right now.

Anyway, D won't go into counseling with me. Absolutely, no way. First thing to consider.
I finally got him to admit his feeling. I thought he hated me, that he was mad at me, that he was still hung up on his belief that I had an affair. Turns out, he doesn't. At least that's what he said. Second thing to consider.
Then he stated the obvious, if I look back over the years, especially the last three or four. We have grown apart. True. I didn't even know what to get him for Christmas, because I don't really know him anymore. So, we don't know each other. Third thing to consider.
The other thing I finally got him to admit is that he doesn't want to be married to me anymore. Not because of hatred, or anger, or any of those things I figured. Just because all we do is "exist", apart from each other. Fourth thing to consider.

Dr H and I talked around the subject of me telling him about the rapes. Now I don't know if that's even necessary anymore. I told D that I needed time to figure out how I felt, and what I wanted to do, because I know divorce is a monumental thing. And even though D said he would always love me, if we aren't going to be together forever, I most likely will never tell him I was raped. I don't even know if I ever would be able to, even if we stay together.

I'm still proud of myself for actually going to him and asking him to talk. I'm a little up in the air about the whole conversation, but I have been thinking about it since we talked. Strangely, I'm feeling OK with everything we talked about. And I think I'm feeling slightly more confident for taking the step I took today.

Still, there are lots of things to consider.

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26 27282930  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

4 user(s) viewing

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

4 user(s) viewing

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.