Photo

Sometimes I Wonder

Posted by missophelia , 09 January 2010 · 55 views

Today has been depressing for me. I can't figure why. Maybe it's an opposite reaction to all the anxiety I've had in the past couple days. Like my mind and body bouncing back the other way. Who knows.

But sometimes I wonder what's the use. I guess that's where I'm at right now. I mean, things don't seem to be getting BETTER. I don't feel much better about myself. And I'm no closer to talking about the rapes with Dr H.

I've been in therapy for a year and a half. I know that's not long compared to some. I will admit I feel better than I did when I started, but I think that's because of all the medications I'm on. Before I started taking them, I was totally useless.

I guess I just still feel useless. It's more a feeling now, than before, when I couldn't function. It seems like the farther in therapy I get, the more complicated my emotions and life seem to become, like there's so much more that I can't handle. Like, I don't know if I'll be able to bring up these recent bits of memory with Dr H.

Maybe it's all just because I'm actually having to face my emotions and everything, and not drown them all in booze.

I just feel like maybe there is TOO much work to be done on me, and I wonder if I'm really worth it. All the energy, all the work. I don't know if I can handle it. I don't know how much Dr H wants to handle. It seems I've given her so much work to do on me, and maybe it's not fair to burden her.

I know it's her JOB. And I do feel she cares. She cares BECAUSE it's her job, but I think she also cares because she's a caring person.

I guess I'm just not as caring a person, when it comes to me. But I should be caring enough to want to heal me, shouldn't I?

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

May 2016

S M T W T F S
2223242526 27 28

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

21 user(s) viewing

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

21 user(s) viewing

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.