my blog

Photo

crossroads...

Posted by missophelia , 09 June 2016 · 34 views

Again, I am regrettably bad at blogging.  I have the desire to blog every day. 
My body has other desires, including freedom from pain and lots of sleep.
It is a battle that I am learning to adjust to, and having a hard time with.
That being said....

I find my self at a crossroads lately. 

Currently, in therapy, I am writing a...

Photo

great battle....

Posted by missophelia , 24 April 2016 · 171 views

"There is no greater battle in life than the battle between the parts of you that want to be healed,
and the parts of you that are comfortable and content remaining broken."

--Iyanla Vanzant

Boy, has that been me for many many years.

I saw Super Soul Sunday this morning on the Oprah Winfrey Network.  Oprah was inter...

Photo

shifting....

Posted by missophelia , 17 April 2016 · 59 views

I haven't been here as much as I'd like to.  I keep saying--you need to write, ophelia....

Well, you see how far me saying that has gotten me...

Lol...

Honestly, I have been so busy lately with doc appointments.  Had an IME for my lawsuit.  It just about killed me!  Talk about pain spikes!   My pain has b...

Photo

acceptance...

Posted by missophelia , 14 February 2016 · 108 views

I am struggling with acceptance today.

I recently was pretty harsh and hurtful to someone on facebook.  My intention was not to be that way, but something she said triggered me, and I spouted off like I rarely do. Usually, the spouts are in my head. 

Part of why I spouted off was legitimate, but it was totally unnecessary for me to...

Photo

seeing the other side...

Posted by missophelia , 28 January 2016 · 124 views

I talked in my last post about training my mind to see the good in everything and everyone.  About using that as a mantra every day to help me with my healing.

I have recently seen the other side of this.

I am dealing with a fellow veteran who is very mean in the way she sees veterans.  She is very mean in the way she talks about t...

Photo

training...

Posted by missophelia , 21 January 2016 · 105 views

"Train your mind to see the good in everything"

--  Anonymous

I adapted this to, "train your mind to see the good in everything...and everyone"

Repeat mantra every morning. 

Or every hour.

Be mindful to work on that training throughout the day, in the moment.

Namaste

Photo

a new start...

Posted by missophelia , 20 January 2016 · 79 views

I had therapy today.  Today, my session was different.

A while back, I went through prolonged exposure therapy.  It was extremely difficult.  Very painful. 

Very eye opening, and helpful, in some ways.  But what was left over, what remains, is what I must now deal with.

Anger.  

Literal...

Photo

it's been a wild ride of a week....

Posted by missophelia , 19 January 2016 · 109 views

Just got home with my car now hopefully fixed.  Although, I am now hearing strange things from the dash.  

Does it never end?

Anyway, I spent the weekend sleeping, cause someone gave me this nasty head cold and achy kind of feeling.  Tired.  Don't think it was the flu.  No fever, but then I rarely run one....

Photo

acceptance of where I am in the moment...

Posted by missophelia , 14 January 2016 · 76 views

Acceptance of where I am right now is coming hard tonight.
I just spent the past 4 hours waiting to get my car towed off the highway, and eventually to my mechanic here. Thankfully, I didn't panic when I lost control of it, and I was able to get it off the road and on the shoulder of the highway without having an accident.
But I am operating with little...

Photo

makes me more than sad...

Posted by missophelia , 09 January 2016 · 125 views

I have been working lately on trying to get something done at my VA. 

As of this past week, the work I have done has not gotten me what i wanted. 

But I am not done working on it, or done speaking out about it.

And it makes me very sad.

One employee at my VA decided that the art program, which helped so many veterans...

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
262728 29 30  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.