ForeverSmiling's Blog

Photo

Sometimes, I am me.

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 25 March 2014 · 28 views

Sometimes, I am insecure.
Sometimes, I feel like I can't do anything right.
Sometimes, I get stuck inside my own head and struggle to find my way out.
Sometimes, I can't erase the feel on my skin.
Sometimes, I just want to cry for hours.

But sometimes, I laugh.
Sometimes, I feel safe in my own skin.
Sometimes, I don't think about him at all.
Some...

Photo

So much hurt in this world...

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 21 March 2014 · 34 views

Sorry. I've just been triggered pretty badly today and it's thrown me for a loop. Stumbled upon a forum full of kids talking about their experiences with depression, eating disorders, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, addictions, etc. I hate that there is so much pain in this world. I hate that there are so many young people struggling every day wih such seri...

Photo

I am finally meeting myself

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 14 September 2013 · 72 views

I know this sounds crazy (and it probably is) but it occured to me today that I am finally, for the first time in 22 years, meeting myself. The real me. The safe me. The normal, healthy me. The me who isn't depressed, isn't weighted down with all the world's secrets.

I am finally myself now. I like to laugh. I have passions and hobbies and o...

Photo

A letter to me

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 02 September 2013 · 75 views

I am sorry. I cannot help you. I cannot touch you or feel you or speak to you. You will have to find your own way. There are no magical words. No shortcuts. No fast forwards. There is only a lot of ugly pain. Lonely nights. Lonely days. Hurtful words. Hurtful actions. You will be crushed until you think it's all over. And then things will get much wor...

Photo

Dear Abuser

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 16 August 2013 · 83 views

Dear Abuser,
I don't remember the first time I met you. I was young. Perhaps you remember though. Did you always fantasize about me? I've always been known for being naive, but that was no excuse to take advantage of me. I used to love seeing you. I really did. I loved how you always gave me hugs and bragged about me to your friends. I loved that...

Photo

What He Couldn't See

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 06 August 2013 · 72 views

He could see right through me, sitting silently in class.
He never said a word, but we both knew it was true.
He could see the pain in my eyes.
But he didn't know what to say.
And I could only look away.

For three years, we sat silently.
It hurts me now to remember.
Because I can still see the sadness he wore.

I wish I could see him again.
Tell him...

Photo

Things I Remember

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 29 July 2013 · 60 views

Trigger warning, for violence...

My siblings going to live with our aunt and uncle for a year or two.
My mom crying.
Me being jealous, at age 8.
My mom saying "I don't care, you go too. All of you can leave."
More crying.

My dad standing in the doorway, barking orders on how to clean.
Smacking us on the back of the legs with his cane when we...

Photo

Life as a book

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 25 October 2009 · 39 views

I wish life was a book. That way, you could peek at the end to see how everything works out. You could skip the parts you don't like. You could go back and reread the parts you don't remember so well. You could relive all the good moments over and over again.

I want so badly to know how my "book" concludes sometimes. But then I remember t...

Photo

Mommy?

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 24 October 2009 · 38 views

I was babysitting an 8 year old little boy yesterday, and I brought my two little sisters along with me because I couldn't leave them at home by themselves. We were having a fun time, just hanging out and watching movies and such, when the little boy told me he liked my daughters. For a moment I felt like a proud mommy... Until I remembered they'r...

Photo

How are you?

Posted by ForeverSmiling , 22 October 2009 · 77 views

On my way home from college today, I stopped by a Taco Bell to grab a bite to eat. The lady at the window asked how I was and I mumbled "good" and searched my purse for money. When I handed her the money she looked me in the eye and asked again because she didn't hear the first time. This just caught me off guard because usually people just as...

August 2014

S M T W T F S
     1 2

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.