Photo

a flash then a memory then panic

Posted by Zelda , 25 July 2011 · 85 views

heart pounding panic from a decades old memory and a relatively inocuous one at that. I finally opened my mailbox and retrieved the smashed stacks of cards and bills. I am an expert at sweeping everything under the rug.

so the memory is - I am writing this for my own sake. As a teenager my first boyfriend was over at our house. I was in the bathroom, brushing my hair and mugging at myself in the mirror, basically being weird, Smiling and acting as though I were conversing with him and checking out how I looked and he walked and caught me doing this and was shocked.

I don't honestly know how weird that was, but I was embarrased at the time and knew something was wrong with me ..I just don't know why all the panic about it now.

Photo
silentwords
Jul 25 2011 08:45 PM
i too am an expert at sweeping things under the rug...well wishes sent ur way
i left my p.o. box without opening it for so long that when i finally went to do it my key didn't work. it was no longer mine (it was only paid for a year) and they had thrown out any mail in it.

so i think i am an expert too.

the memory may be connected to more, possibly? sorry if i am wrong, disregard.
mugging?
to convenient those rugs...

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.