Photo

my story

Posted by smruthi , 22 April 2009 · 73 views

This is my story.

when i was 8 yrs old i was molested by a stranger. i never told my mom. I felt pleasured by what he did to me. Then my cousin moved to my town when i was 9 and the abuse started as a game and went on for 5 yrs. Since i had enjoyed what that stranger had done i let it happen and agreed to it every time my cousin asked me to do it. I never knew what i was doing until i was 15 since sex is a taboo here. when i realized what was going on i stopped agreeing to him. He tried to persuade me many times but i refused. I never told my mom though i wanted to hug her and cry and tell her everything.

I felt so much shame and guilt because i enjoyed the process. i blamed myself for 2 yrs and fell into a depression. my grade's dropped and i started failing. i began to push people away from me. i dont know if can say i have been abuse because every time he asked i said yes. So its my fault.

And because of this i became a sex addict. i started reading dirty magazines and started masturbating a lot. this was a way of escape for me from the dirty person i was and my life that was falling apart. i'd feel terribly guilty after i'd do it. I started cutting.

i never told anyone...then one day unable to bear the pain i called up a emotional counselor and told her i was abused (never told her the whole story). She didn't guide me properly but it was the first step to healing. letting go of the pain i had. then i was gifted with a laptop and internet access and only then i realized that it was ok for me to feel that way and that it was my body's reaction. here i found out that i was a sex addict. i started look for info and started controlling my lust.

i had many relapses. but i hav now finally made it and i hope i can stay this way. i don't have any guilty or shameful feelings. i'v changed a lot. from being a talkative, fun and humorous person i'v become quite and serious. Can't take jokes and am easily upset.... i can never go back to being who i was 2 yrs ago but i'v realized this is now just a small part of my life. i hav my whole future ahead of me.

i'v healed. I'm hear to listen to people and support other survivors. u can ask me anything u want. i'll try and help in anyway i can. It was really difficult for me to say this...
Thanks for listening to me...feel free to comment your thoughts...

June 2016

S M T W T F S
192021222324 25

Recent Entries

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.