Photo

Christmas hurts, sigh

Posted by FloweringRose , 25 December 2010 · 20 views

People don't understand why I hate Christmas. Actually, I barely understand why I hate Christmas too... I have ideas and bad memories, but still, the repellant feeling it creates inside me is something that just seems outside of the spectrum of logic.

Everyone wants me to love Christmas. Enjoy it, be merry, have fun. I dare to say it, but having to go through the motions of the thing and force myself to family occasions feels like being very hurt emotionally. I don't know why, it's not like they're hurting me (now) or saying anything at all or even that it's that much to do. But it's like even associating with this time of year and trying to make it something good is enough to make me feel *sick* inside. Like I want to be physically nauseous just thinking of celebrating Christmas.

How awful is that? What is wrong with me, really?

I feel like such an insult to people who have been through real problems everywhere. I should be able to suck it up and force some joy out of this season. Why the hell do I hate it so?

Photo
*WishUponAStar*
Dec 25 2010 12:11 PM
You HAVE been thru real problems. You have been hurt so bad by people that were meant to protect you. It is perfectly understandable why you feel sick at the thought of being forced to celebrate xmas. You don't have to pretend to be happy here....you can be your amazing and real self :hug: :hug:

September 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.