Photo

Going It Alone

Posted by cordeliaVorkosigan , 03 August 2012 · 104 views

I finally was able to get a hold of legal aid and I make too much money now to be helped with the bankruptcy. If I had done this when unemployed, it would have been free to me to file and have representation. I didn't even have the mental capacity to deal at that time. I was just trying to survive. Living in the homeless shelter was dangerous and a horrid experience. We were miserable, hungry, and surrounded by people who had violent backgrounds. We didn't qualify for a domestic violence women's shelter and were lucky to be able to get help within the shelter where we were put. I worked full time at McDonalds and brought home less than a thousand dollars a month. It wasn't enough to live on when rent, utilities, and food are all taken into account. Thank GOD I found another engineering job. I make less now than ever since college but it is in my field. It is starting over at entry level. Everything is very difficult right now. There is never enough money. We didn't even get up off the floor before the garnishment started. We moved to a new city for my job with nothing, absolutely nothing. I sold or left behind everything when we became homeless. You do what you have to do to survive.

So, this weekend I will go to the library. I am told that all the forms I need are available there and that it is very tedious but I can do this on my own. I have to get this filed ASAP. I can't let this go on for more than 2 or 3 pay periods or I will loose this small little piece I have just managed to carve out for my son and me.

Why... Why... Why am I always so alone and have none to rely on? I work, take care of my son, and do everything a single mother has to and we are thriving again. This is destroying the little happiness I have managed to achieve.

I had to file for bankrupsy when I left my husband. I cannot imagine what it must be like to file without the benefit of an attorney. I wish you could find help with this. I would be so stressed.

Being a single mom is so hard sometimes but you are doing it. You have gone through so much this year and yet you are moving forward. You are just at a staled place at the moment. You will get through this as well. Relief for you is within your sights.

Being a single mother is rewarding but filled with difficult experiences for sure. Been there, done that. know that first hand.

I wish I could be more helpful so will send all the good vibes I can your way.

Blessings as always (((Cordelia)))
Photo
cordeliaVorkosigan
Aug 08 2012 09:10 AM
Always appreciate your kind words Bellachai. :lol:

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.