Photo

I can fly into the future if I leave my past behind

Posted by Charleigh , 17 June 2011 · 161 views

I'm often making mistakes, forgetting to pay bills, doing things I really shouldn't. I can think back through my life and pick out all of the mistakes and I beat myself up as if the original punishment for my actions wasn't enough. I find myself stuck in those past mistakes unable to step in the future with growth and change. I'm too focused and all that I have done wrong. Even now I'm facing a current mistake and I'm being incredibly hard on myself. I'm stuck on this. Life is flying by me and here I am still unable to get past this moment.

"But it's never too late and almost nothing is fatal."
It's time I begin to learn from the mistakes and move forward having grown and changed. Having learned what to avoid, what to do, what not to do. It's time to show myself some grace and forgiveness. Those mistakes are not the end of the world. I may not be able to change what happened but I am ready to learn from them.

Warning

This is my place to reflect and say what I want. It may be triggering. If you don't want to know what I have to say I suggest you don't read what I write here.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.