Photo

A small bit of my anger

Posted by Charleigh , 02 May 2010 · 27 views

"Hidden anger can kill me. I must recognize it and address it"

"Buried that collection of hurts turned into anger and seeped out sideways. Sometimes the seeping turns into a flood."

In the past months I have suffered a lot of hurt, in particularly having a close friend end our friendship and placing the blame on me. Afraid to feel the hurt I buried it and it did in fact turn into anger. There's so much I want to say to him and I can only hope that perhaps he will stumble upon this entry and read my words.

How dare he make my faults the reason for choosing to end the relationship, for saying that it was only my faults and there was nothing about him that was part of the decision. My mistakes were not enough to warrant that decision. I was human, learning how to handle a tough life change. Besides, it's not like you were perfect either. With much more experience with the same life situation you had just as much, maybe even more, trouble dealing with it.

You told me that it was ok to trust you. You made it ok to tell you my secrets. You were the one who wanted me to be your little girl. You said it was safe, that I wouldn't get hurt. You hurt me. You hurt me a lot.

At the same time I knew it wasn't forever. Something that you struggled to realize. I always thought that I would be the one to leave. Yet at every attempt you love and compassion drew me back. I should have left when I wanted to. Perhaps I then I wouldn't cry at every thought of you.

"But this is all I have so please take what's left of this heart and use, please use only what you really need, you know I only have so little so please mend your broken heart and leave" JJ

Warning

This is my place to reflect and say what I want. It may be triggering. If you don't want to know what I have to say I suggest you don't read what I write here.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.